“Must eat here”

Shakespeares Craft Beer and Gastro Pub
Ranked #190 of 1,054 Restaurants in Sarasota
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A Craft Beer and Gastro Pub with an English flair. Popular with locals and visitor alike for over 11years
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Found Shakespears about five years ago and have been going back since then. You must try their burgers, chicken and brie sandwich and a must is their fried pickles best in town! They also offer a passport program where they stamp your card after you have tasted all of their beers from around the world. Great place to go with a group of friends.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Loved the food and quick service...did not like patrons waiting for tables hovering over us to grab our table...very rude.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I had dinner here Sunday night and were appalled to see a server in the kitchen heating up anbread pudding dessert. She picked the dessert out o the tray with her bare hands an proceeded o eat pieces offend dessert, lick her fingers and touch the dessert again and again. Presumably, she was checking the temp of he dessert, but really, tasting the dessert and touching it over and over after licking your fingers?!?!?! This place needs an inspection ASAP. Both service and food was disappointing....although perhaps the food would have been better were we not so concerned with where it had been and who had been molesting it.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a great little English pub and restaurant really authentic and has the best food in town without a doubt. There are 23 draft beers on tap which constantly change and the food is always good, I would recommend the gourmet burgers as I believe they won best burger in Sarasota, the fish and chips and the cottage pie are also great and the soups are awesome (homemade), they serve food much later than most places in Sarasota and are always busy

Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife and I saw some online reviews of this place so we had to try it out last night. Wow, I can't believe we have been living in Florida now for over 4 months and this is the first time I have been here!

Fantastic service, atmosphere and best of all, the food! It was wonderful. Served piping hot and fast from a great waitress. I had the Bangers and Mash and my wife had the Cottage Pie. I also had a Kronenbough 1776 pint which hit the spot. My wife and I told each other after our wonderful experience that this will be our bar of choice to have a few drinks and food here in Sarasota.

I can't speak highly enough about this place. As soon as we walked in I knew I would like it. I felt like I was in an authentic pub in England. The beer choices are huge and the food....my oh my, that food was delicious. My bangers were so good I almost ate my leftovers for breakfast the next morning.

One our next visit I would like to try their burgers and they looked great and I have heard they have some of the best in Sarasota. Do not hesitate, stop by this place asap for a great experience all around! Oh yes, and the prices are very reasonable for what you get!

1  Thank EugeneW8874