“They don't call the Italian "famous" for nothing”

Main Bar Sandwich Shop
Ranked #201 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I can't get by this place often enough... love the Italian! Really busy at lunchtime, worth the wait. My wife went veggie a while back but they have a vegetarian sandwich she thought was great. Cold beer, hot place!

Reviewed August 4, 2010

There are so many interesting sandwiches on the menu, we all ordered something different and shared. The Italian was my favorite, and there is one with a spicy jalapeno mayo that was also most excellent! The staff was very friendly and I thought it was reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I have eaten at this spot several times and sometimes several times a week. One hot day the place was somewhat packed and the Manager was asking folks to stay outside until a table was available. Understandable. One of the long time employee call my party in and was immediately berated in front of us for doing such because there were some folks still milling around the register. All those girls who work there take the time to learn your name, instead he takes his time to learn the names of vacationer. One would think you would reach out to the folks you see everyday at your restaurant and thank them for their business in these times. Lost me and my colleagues.

Reviewed May 14, 2010

Maybe the rents are high on Main Street. The food was good but overpriced for what you get. The sandwiches come with nothing. We got ours to go and were really disappointed with how much was in the box when we got home. I would eat there again, but only if someone else is paying.

Reviewed May 12, 2010

Great place. Check out old pics on the walls from Sarasota's circus heydays. Friendly staff.