“Amazing accommodations for a family in a great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Siesta Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
La Siesta Condominiums
You added La Siesta Condominiums to your Saves list
Cleveland, Ohio
“Amazing accommodations for a family in a great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We rented the C114 unit, which is on the ground floor and near the pool. This is a 2 bedrood 2 bathroom (2 showers) unit. One bedroom has a King bed, and the other has 2 twin beds. There are 2 couches as well for additional sleeping. I think one folds out as well though we didn't use it. The space was great for our 4 adults and 2 small children.
We got a parking pass for the reserved spot for this unit under an open covered parking area, about a 30 second walk to the door. The unit was very clean and up-to-date. There were 3 HDTV's with Comcast cable, and the main TV had a DVD blue-ray player that could connect to Netflix, hulu, and many other services. The complex has wifi, but when we arrived it was not working, so I plugged my laptop into the cable modem in our condo and enabled it is a wifi router and never checked back if the wifi had been fixed. The few times we were home late at night or up early the kids loved the Netflix. I had also downloaded a couple movies for at night and put them on a USB drive, which the Samsung player could also play. There was also a phone in the unit which could receive incoming calls which might be handy for some, we didn't really use it. The unit has a dish washer, coffee maker, microwave, up-to-date electric oven, tons of pots, pans, dishes, cups, utensils, beach toys. When we arrived there was a welcome basket with fruit, nuts, coffee, and other goodies. The previous renters had left us some cheese and coffee as well. When we left I left some liquor and food for the next renters also. Though I threw out the easily perishable items. The refrigerator had a good sized ice maker and filtered cold water. Checking in and out was very easy. The unit is directly across the street from Siesta Key Beach, about a 3-5 minute walk to the waters edge (because the beach is quite large). The pool is very clean and refreshing. There are child-proof gates to keep the little ones from roaming in on their own. I think the pool is adult-only after dark, though we mostly swam during the day and hit the beach at night when we were doing other things. There were plenty of kids for my 1 and 3 year old to play with, they had the greatest time there. The entire place is well-kept and grade-a. Maintenance is available for any issues. My wife tried to use the dishwasher and the last renters did something to it, not sure what, but it would not start. She let the front office know and maintenance came and had it running in no time. I met a lot of people who were returning to La Siesta after many years, so it has a great reputation. It is about 1 mile into town which you can easily drive if you have a car, or take one of the hundreds of beach taxis all around. The town was dead on a Thursday night in August, but very lively on Friday and Saturday.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Villa Ridge, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My family had a wonderful time at LaSiesta Condos. We were on the 4th floor of C Building, which had a great view of the Gulf from our screened lanai. We ate most of our meals on the lanai as well. The beach is just across the street, very easy walk. Our condo had everything we needed for the beach . . . chairs, umbrellas, coolers, etc. We arrived on July 4 just in time for the Fireworks on Siesta Key beach. Spectacular show, and when the show was over, walked back to our condo while others were stuck in traffic. We will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KerryMcLone
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great location to beach!! Just across the street! Condo grounds clean, well kept. Quiet nice place to stay. We stayed in a 2br on third floor. It was overall a beautiful place to stay! Loved the pool!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

With the office however. Lets start with the condo, FABULOUS!! CLEAN!!! Beautifully decorated!! We had a bottom floor and end of building condo. I loved the decorating and the kitchen was supplied well. The master bedroom had a very comfortable king bed, the master bath is very tiny but we made do, we were on vacation!!! The second bedroom was very roomy with two twin beds and the larger bathroom was nice as well. Some of the furniture was comfortably worn but we were very happy here for over a week. One of the pieces of the vertical blind fell off and maintenance came immediately and it was repaired. The room was to have beach chairs and umbrellas but they had seen far better days, I'm glad we had our own. The screen on the lanai needed repaired in a few places as well. It was very quiet, didnt hear neighbors, except some very minor floor squeaking from those above us. Pool was great and clean. We would go to the beach then finish our day at the pool. The BEACH: is a very large beach!! It is a comfortable walk to the beach which is across the street and parking lot in front of condo. If you are going to be packing chairs, umbrella, cooler, towels, you may want a cart/wagon. If you have enough people to carry their own items then you should be ok.
I was worried when we first booked this, I contacted Allison three times, one was to confirm that our reservation was received and I heard no personal response back, (I must have gotten in a hurry) within a day or so after that I received what looked like an automated response confirming. The next time was to get details on what was expected for us to do on departure in the condo (some places we have used previously have said "you must have clean trash bags in each trash can, leave one roll of toilet paper in each bathroom" etc. etc). And heard no response for about a week, so I emailed again and waited a day or two so finally called, Allison stated that "she was very busy getting people in for July 4th week and hadn't had time to answer me". When I asked for departure information. I thought that a little odd for someone to say who works with a multitude of vacationers year round. I asked for her to email me something, she said she didn't have anything like that she could email, so I asked if she had anything she could fax to me, she stated she would see what she could do. I thought that was odd as well for an office receiving people from all over the place to not have a document readily on the computer to email. I never received anything, she did email and said she couldn't get the fax to go through to the number I gave her, I emailed back the number and heard nothing. The fax number I provided was the physician office I work in which receives many faxes a day so not sure what happened. I do know that what I was wanting was provided in the packet we picked up with our key on day of arrival. Being kind and helpful to those that provide the income that go toward your paycheck is a valuable thing to remember, thankfully my initial interaction with Allison was not a reflection of the condos themselves or our complete stay. She wasn't warm and fuzzy when met face to face either, but interaction was very minimal for us.
I think in the brochures (I can't find it to verify so I may have dreamed this) it says refunds for security and damage deposits COULD take up to 30 days, our last day there was July 22 and we just received our check today, August 27.
bottom line, fabulous place to stay in Siesta Key!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank jamiern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very pleased with our choice! Very nice and clean! Up to date amenities and nice floor plan. Plenty of room for our whole family. Very close to the beach. Service was excellent and people were very friendly! Will definitely book again on our next trip to Siesta Key! We plan on returning very soon!

Timothy Fleming and family
Boiling Springs, SC

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank TimnPatti
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife & I spent a week here in Condo #405 & loved every minute of it. You CANNOT beat the convenience to the beach. Our condo had everything we could need for a Beach vacation: beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, cooler. The condo was well equipped for cooking your own meals, relaxing on the screened-in lanai, surfing the web w/free wifi, walking to the beach. The grounds are very well kept & clean (the maintenance man is very cordial & the office personnel was accommodating & helpful). We didn't use the pool, but it looked beautiful. Parking is covered which really helped with June temps in the 90's.

Room Tip: A 4th floor room directly across from the beach has great ocean views .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bob3337
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent four weeks at Siesta key we stayed at la Siesta Condominiums, we were at ground floor , the location of the condo was great, just steps to the pool, the pool was very clean and very quite which we liked, if you are looking for pool entertainment this is not the place for you. there are some activities that goes on the beach but I was not impressed, the beach is to die for white sand that stretches for miles and so H-U-G-E . don't beleive what you hear that shopping is within walking distance, not even groceries, unless you are willing to walk about 20 minutes to the village and even then there is only a little store, to get to the main Supermarket PUBLIX you have to have a car or take the bus, beds are very comfortable and clean, lots of linens NOT beach towels, if you are more than three people bring your own, bathroom is very small and having one bathroom made it very inconvenient, may be it the unit had two bathrooms it would have been worth our while, shower is slower than molasis, it takes you for ever to rinse your hair. Kitchen is well equipped, although cups and dishes were all chipped and not enough of them, besides all these minor obstacles we had a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lsnowCanada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Tropical Beach Resorts
#5 of 12 in Siesta Key
4.0 of 5 stars 575 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Been to La Siesta Condominiums? Share your experiences!