“Cool place to hang out”

Sarasota Brewing Company
Ranked #296 of 1,181 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Cool and interesting place to hang out. The entire setup is done in wood. Feels like your in a chalet in the wilderness feel. They have a brewery attached and a window where you can see the distilleries. I’ve been there a few times. The bar area is nice and cozy and nice place to go watch a sporting event. They do have there own craft beers on tap. Personally I wasn’t overwhelmed by their brew but hey to each their own. One thing cool about this place is you can actually purchase a stein there and they will personalize the stein and keep it there so anytime you come you can use it. You get more in the stein then the glass for the same price. Anyway cool concept.
I’ve also dined in the restaurant part. This place is bar/grill but it really has a bar atmosphere and not somewhere I would take young children. They do have televisions throughout the walls so you can watch sporting events.
So in closure. Again if your looking for a cool and interesting place to hang out at or just something different I would recommend this place. If your looking for really good food then probably would not recommend. Food is very average. I seen a picture of lobster tail and I’m almost certain they don’t have that unless they have changed there menu. Mostly fried food. Also service is not the greatest. I get the feeling these waitresses have been there for years as they usually don’t seem real motivated. The bartenders are usually real friendly though.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere great food get a check this place out. I had the nori roll and my husband ate philly cheese steak and The peanut butter Monte cristo The food off the hook

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Nice enough bar with a range of draft beers and ciders. Wine expensive and not very good - small glass. Fairly typical bar menu - food ok but wouldn't choose to eat here again - there are better options locally. Service is just ok - was very busy when we were in so perhaps this was not typical or they were understaffed.
A huge bonus for us is that it is non smoking - we would come back for drinks again for the clean atmosphere alone! Coming from a country where smoking inside - and outside in some instances - has not been allowed for many years we are used to clean smoke free atmospheres and just can't / won't go anywhere that permits smoking as we find it quite disgusting - and clearly bad for everyone's health. Congratulations on being smoke free!
Seems to be a bar that locals use - a place to try. We will certainly go back for drinks on our next visit.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We were here for vacation and wanted to try something off the Siesta Key strip. We are so glad we found Sarasota Brewing Company!

We started with a sampler of beer which was a nice treat. Then we moved on to the wings and cheese logs (these are far superior to the normal mozzarella stick!) Our kids shared the spaghetti & meatballs and ate more than I've seen in a while!!! I had the Italian Beef which reminded me of my favorite Chicago cuisine. The bill was so reasonable too which was a nice surprise.

Besides the food, our server was incredible! She was so attentive and paid extra attention to our kids' needs. Definitely worth a try!!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 13, 2018

Of course you will get a great selection of beer. Always try their in house brews with the sampler. It usually consists of 5 to 6 beer "shots" with a description. Then move on to an appetizer. I would suggest their made in house poppers or their apply named cheese logs. My favorite main course is the ahi tuna. This is the best i have ever had! Seared perfectly, crusted with seeds served on a mound of Asian coleslaw. (Also the best I've ever had) Complimented with fresh wasabi, shaved ginger and soy sauce. I have also been told their wings are excellent. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. And are the only wings that hold their ground the second day as leftovers! Actually everything has always been delicious. I have always had a great meal at the Sarasota Brewing Company and I know you will too.

Date of visit: May 2018