“Outstanding, Authentic Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I can't say enough great things about this restaurant. My husband and I wanted Italian food while on vacation and relied on Trip Advisor to give us good advise. The reviews were spot on. The restaurant is quaint, about a dozen or so tables. It has old world italian charm, and Franca the owner greeted us personally, and treated us like we were a part of her family. But, most importantly, the food was incredible. The antipasto had the best imported meats and cheeses, and was enough to feed four people! My husband had the veal parm, which melted in your mouth, and I had homemade linguini with bolognese sauce, done to perfection. Please dine here. Take it from two Italians. You will not be disappointed. And don't forget to have wine. Ask for a glass of Montepulciano. You will love it!

1  Thank lbcakes
There are newer reviews for Solorzano's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Saw this restaurant on trip advisor and read the positive reviews and decided it was worth a try. It was well worth a try! Made reservations on for the same day and they could accommodate the four of us at 6:00PM. The owner was friendly over the phone and it was as if I was meeting a friend for dinner at her house. Nice wine list list that had a great Super Tuscany by the glass, not common on most wine lists. Warm bread and oil came along with interesting house salad, which if a bit larger could have been a meal in its self. Had the fish special, which was moist and flavorful. Overall, the best part was feeling like I was welcomed into someone's home who just loved to cook. Can't wait to go back to Sarasota in the future, this will be my first dinner out!

1  Thank HonestAbe147365
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We wanted Italian food and since we are here on vacation we decided to ask Mr. Google because he knows everything. Our search turned up Solorzano's and we weren't disappointed.

The restaurant is small but that is part of its charm. That and the fact that they don't open until 530PM means making a reservation is recommended.

The service was warm. In fact it was more like visiting relatives than going to a restaurant. The prices were very reasonable and the food fantastic. All of it was freshly made and came in a timely manner. If you are in the Sarasota area and are in the mood for Italian, go to Solorzano's.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I were down for vacation, always looking for good restaurants. Picked Solorzano's off the 'net based on the existing reviews. I can't remember the last time I had an Italian meal that good. The homemade sauce was incredible. The meatballs divine. Great atmosphere and a warm welcome from the (owner?) Franca, who was very personable. Just don't order milk with the meal. I was schooled what to drink with what good naturedly. An absolute fantastic experience all around! -Bob McCurry

1  Thank robertmccurry
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Not only great food but a great hostess. I have never felt more at home than when eating here. Everyone is treated as part of the family. Food is exceptional. Make reservations though as it is a small restaurant and fills quickly at dinner time.

1  Thank Brenda W