“This little Mexican restaurant will make you happy”
Review of El Toro Bravo

El Toro Bravo
Ranked #28 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: When it comes to Southwest Mexican cuisine, there is only one place in Sarasota that creates a one-of-a-kind dining experience that keeps visitors and locals coming back for more. Family owned and operated, El Toro Bravo combines fresh, flavorful food along with honest prices and outstanding service.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

A tiny little restaurant in a nondescript strip center would not attract many patrons, but this place is buzzing even during the off season. Don't you wonder why? We went there years ago with a buy one get one free coupon that was pure serendipity. As we entered Ruben came out and welcomed us. He explained that if we did not see anything on the menu that appealed to us, just tell him what we wanted and he'd prepare it. Not only that, but he went on to explain that if we did not like it, there would be no charge. How's that for putting a customer at ease?

Their forte is New Mexican style Mexican. I can't describe it any better than that but his dishes will make your taste buds do the happy dance. We take our best friends there and they all return on their own. The meals are delicious, the prices are fair, the atmosphere is cozy, the service is superb, and the place is usually filled. Pardon Ruben if he's too busy to come out and greet you, but he'll be performing his magic in his tiny kitchen with this wife. This little mom 'n pop restaurant is a genuine treasure.

P.S. Tell Rubin or your server that this is your first visit and Rod sent you and you'll get a free desert :-)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We tried a lot of Mexican food in Florida, and this was by far the best! Very friendly service, we even got a free dessert since it was our first time visiting. Excellent authentic Mexican food at very reasonable prices, lots of great menu options. I will definitely go back if I am ever in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We found this place by accident and was pleasantly surprised! The food was far better than any I have eaten before! I plan to return the next time I am in Sarasota! A terrific menu with great prices and excellent service. I can not stress enough how good the food was! I will return!!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Each time I eat here, I choose something different because I can't believe the food is as good as it is. As a New Mexico native, I've never before found such authentic food in the style I grew up with in Carlsbad and Taos. If you're in the Sarasota area and craving great Mexican food, El Toro Bravo is the place to go. Ruben and his family obviously take great pride in their food - and it shows.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The wife and I really like this place. It was recommended to us and boy are we glad it was. It is located in a small shopping plaza and parking could get a little tight on Fridays and weekends. Its a small restaurant with very limited outdoor seating and always packed but the staff tries hard to accommodate everyone. The owner and wife are both very courteous as is the staff. I have tried several of their dishes and all have been excellent, but our favorite dish is the chile relleno with the delicous rice and refried beans. Their chips and salsa is the best so far we have had in Sarasota, and we have been to quite a few mexican restaurants in and out of the county. The desserts are awesome and I believe first time visitors are treated to a free little tasty delight. Their margaritas are good and beer very cold. Our waiters have always been friendly and professional and the prices reasonable. We have been back at least six times and will continue to come back and do highly recommend this place.