“Delicious!”

Ranked #26 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: When it comes to Southwest Mexican cuisine, there is only one place in Sarasota that creates a one-of-a-kind dining experience that keeps visitors and locals coming back for more. Family owned and operated, El Toro Bravo combines fresh, flavorful food along with honest prices and outstanding service.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The food is so good! My husband would it here everyday. The portions are large and we found the service to be outstanding. My only complaint would be they only serve beer, wine, and wine margaritas??!! What!!??? I need some tequila in my margarita, please!! It's hard to eat Mexican food and drink wine.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Trip advisor recommendations led us to try El Toro Bravo as we drove through Florida, and we're glad we did. Lunch specials were beautifully plated, ample, and delicious.Service was warm and attentive, and we were even served a bonus sweet as first time visitors. Well worth the trip!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was happy to find a New Mexican restaurant in the east-coast. The food was good! The cook said he was from NM and was very pleasant. However, the waitress was horrible and very rude!! She got my order wrong and then blamed me, to her so-called father the cook. He remedied the order but I ate later than people at my table and my food was cold. They said 'I ordered wrong,' when the rude & untrained waitress was wrong intentionally! Poor Hours are scheduled around terrible waitress' hours and HORRIBLE WAITRESS but Good Food. I highly recommend IF the waitress is fired.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had been hearing about El Toro based on the reccomendaton of Sarasota Sallys. It is a distance from our home in Bradenton but we are willing to drive the distance for good food. I called to verify the location and the lady that I spoke with on the phone was very pleasant and stated she would save a table for us which was waiting for us when we arrived but there were many open tables. The place is small and quaint and I was very excited by this because I so love local "dives" (meant in a good way) Parking can be a huge pain and I had to be dropped off while my husband spent over 10 minutes trying to find a place to park. During our wait we were asked if we wanted something to drink and I explained that I would like to wait for my husband. Prior to my husband joining us another couple was seated right behind us and the owner came out and was chatting up a storm with them and everyone else in the rest. but never even bothered to say hi to us!!! It took the female waitress mentioning us to our waiter for him to come over to take our orders. He stood a good distance from our table and I felt like we were having to speak loud, at one point the lady seated behind us turned around to look at me. I was really in the mood for queso fundido but they have nothing like that on the menu and when I asked, I was told the only thing they had was the yellow cheese sauce. Why not offer to make something for a guest?? There were only 5 groups in the entire place at the time. I ordered the enchiladas and when my food was delivered I was warned that my plate was "very hot". After a few bites, I attempted to move my plate and burned the heck out of my fingersBad enough that it caused me to tear up...and I had to place my finger on my cold glass for comfort. The waiter came by saw me....and when we explained that I burned myself.....said he was sorry and left in haste. I figured the owner would have come to check on me but no one ever did. My enchiladas were very good with the exception of the raw onions that seemed to be thrown on top of pre=prepared meat and beans.....the rice was parboiled tastelest yuck. Reading all of the wonderful reviews below and especially the one where a free desert was offered really bums me out even more!!!!!

1  Thank Shantkayaks
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We've been eating at El Toro Bravo at least twice a month for years. It is consistent - service, food, and atmosphere. Love the chile relleno and the wine margaritas and the homemade flan. A great family that works together to serve wonderful food. I think they should open another one in Venice, Fl.

2  Thank cowgirl41