“Unknown gem”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
“Unknown gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Always a great meal. I feel it is as close to the real thing as you can get c without going to Mexico. Not a place for great decor. You go for the authentic food.

Longboat Key, Florida
“I felt bad for our waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate dinner here on a Sunday night... The food was typical Mexican fare, not great but not bad. What made the difference in our experience was our waiter. The poor man was positively overwhelmed. It appeared he was the only working. So, that just made for a lot of sitting around by us. Long wait for drinks, long wait to take our order, etc...etc. the guy was slammed. Now,that wouldn't typically really bother me, but what was irritating was that when we were finally able to leave (without our overworked waiter stroking out) we could see the the bartender in by the bar watching TV and the host up front chatting with another employee?!?!? I was amazed. I've waited a lot of tables in my days, and one thing I learned, is that when it gets busy, is that everyone pitches in and works as a team, mustn't be the philosophy here. If some of these other employes sis could have helped just a bit, bussing a few tables, bringing a few drinks out, whatever, I bet EVERYONE in the restaurant would have had a better experience, not a semi-frustrating one like ours. Hence- we will never be back, and we are locals.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Stcloudmom
Branson, Missouri
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a Restaurant.com discount to use, so we and another couple decided to give it a try. The restaurant isn't too big and it wasn't very crowded, even though it was dinner time. Our waitress was obviously new and wasn't too familiar with the types of beer offered or the selection of salad dressings. When asked to find out--she did. Needs some improvement in that area.

We got our food in a timely fashion and it was very good! Servings were of good size. We always like lots of salsa and asked for the little cup to be refilled 3 times. Did not seem to be a problem. We would return.

• Visited May 2014
Oak Park, Illinois
“Homey place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Two Amigos is small and certainly not fancy, but the place has a good feel to it. The food is excellent. The people working there are friendly. Overall a good experience. The chicken tortilla soup was very tasty..and loaded with chicken. All the dishes we ordered were very gently spiced...I added some hot sauce to kick things up a notch.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Drocton
Wilton, California
“Good Variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

A friend we were visiting took us here for lunch and the menu was much more varied than I had anticipated as it included Peruvian cuisine. The interior is colorful and the service was fast and accurate. Vern chose one of the daily specials, the Peruvian Linguini. He enjoyed it. Our friend had the huevos rancheros and although it didn't look quite like I would have expected he loved it. I chose the chicken enchiladas. There were three on the plate with some fine rice and beans and I was satisfied both with the taste and quantity of the serving. It looks like a good local spot which is always a good sign.

• Visited December 2013