“Heaven on Earth. . Minus the crowds. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WaterColor Inn and Resort

WaterColor Inn and Resort
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Heaven on Earth. . Minus the crowds. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My family has been coming to WC since we lost our summer homes in Mississippi after Katrina.

We absolutely love it here. . But it's a shame the secret is out on WC. Between word of mouth & all the accolades in magazines WC has received. . The secret is no longer a secret. In just the last few years alone, the crowds (during July especially) have swelled to beyond capacity it seems. I know the St. Joe company loves that. . But I just wish they hadn't built (& still building) houses almost on top of each other. You get to a point where enough is enough.

Overall though. . I wouldn't vacation anywhere else on 30A. It's magical & my family loves it. I can't wait for my next beach trip to WC.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank localyokel1976

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is great for the couple or family that wants to stay at the beach and have everything easy and close by. As with everything in the Destin/30a area, we like the off season. The rooms are well appointed and the staff is great. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ryan S
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in room 409. It was a fantastic experience. We brought along an infant and the room was big enough for all of three of us....Every night we sat on the balcony and watched the sun set with a glass of wine from a bottle that we bought from the wine store across the street. It was beautiful. Also, in the mornings we would walk down to Seaside and grab coffee. Likewise for lunch and dinner. Perfect location. The only reason I say "almost perfect" is that I thought the room service menu was lacking in the non breakfast department and there were a few times that I called down to the front desk and no one answered. However, it was like island time, you just roll with. The pool, the beach, the staff, the room were all exceptional and we will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Higher room gets you a better view. Floors 3-4 will give you ocean views.
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank nevels2000
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I don't have anything to add about the beach--white sand, crystal blue water, attentive life guards, and friendly people. We had a great vacation, and one of the reasons was that we stayed in a house by the Camp. At night, the soccer field comes alive with kids and families playing soccer, volleyball, frisbee, and we even had a great fun game of duck duck goose. Unless you stay in the actual Inn, you are going to have to ride your bicycle to the beach, so we were happy to have the advantage of that beautiful grass field. It felt old-fashion--everyone coming out and meeting new people and kids of all ages playing massive games of soccer. So my tip--if you are looking for a house, consider one by the Kids Camp pool.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AmberLetoMayer, General Manager at WaterColor Inn and Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at WaterColor! We hope to host your beach vacation for many years to come. If there is anything that we can do to assist you with your future plans, please let us know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Watercolor for several days this past April. What a beautiful property and an overall great resort experience. The staff members, from check-in to the wait staff at the pool bar/grill, were friendly and attentive. They were able to accommodate several special requests with ease.

The hotel rooms were spacious and all are beach-front. I was able to stay on the 4th floor, so I had amazing views of the sunset during my stay. The rooms and clean and well-maintained.

I also loved the coziness of the library, which is located off of the lobby. I enjoyed a glass of wine and a good book one rainy afternoon... The wine and cocktail menus were unique and offered something for everyone.

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at Watercolor. There are a multitude of activities to participate in daily, easy access to the beach and several pools, and lots of great shops, restaurants and bars nearby. I only wish I had had more time to explore the area via bike (which are provided for each guest). I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.

• Stayed April 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at WaterColor Inn & Resort! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the library and find some time to relax at the resort. If there is anything that we can do to assist you with your future beach vacation plans, please let us know.
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

It is very seldom that we leave a vacation after a full week and think to ourselves that we just want to stay longer. This place makes you never want to leave. The staff is great and the resort is the best. Stay on the 4th floor, the view is great.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor if possible. More expensive but worth it.
      Sleep Quality
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We just got back from a week at WaterColor and had the perfect experience. We rented a house in Watercolor for me and my husband and 7 teenagers. We started off the week by renting bikes for everyone from the Bike Barn (WC guests receive 25% off). That was great because then the kids had just enough freedom. They were able to go to WaterColor and Seaside communities and their beaches on their own schedule. Nothing is open too late so they never got in any trouble. We never had a worry about safety - everyone rides bikes there and it's the preferred mode of transportation. We rented a house that had a carriage house in the back and we put 5 teenage girls back there - and all their mess! It was the perfect setup.

I wish WC had more restaurants. Most of their options closed at 5:00. I never did find the sushi place. The shops are cute but overpriced. My husband and I had a nice evening at the Wine Loft sitting outside listening to music and enjoying the weather. Overall, we would recommend WC, though. We loved it.

Room Tip: We rented a house on Lake District Lane. I wouldn't stay any further than that. The part over th...
    • 4 of 5 stars
The Beachside Resort
The Beachside Resort
#6 of 46 in Panama City Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 438 reviews

Been to WaterColor Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!