I recently had the pleasure of staying at Watercolor for several days this past April. What a beautiful property and an overall great resort experience. The staff members, from check-in to the wait staff at the pool bar/grill, were friendly and attentive. They were able to accommodate several special requests with ease.
The hotel rooms were spacious and all are beach-front. I was able to stay on the 4th floor, so I had amazing views of the sunset during my stay. The rooms and clean and well-maintained.
I also loved the coziness of the library, which is located off of the lobby. I enjoyed a glass of wine and a good book one rainy afternoon... The wine and cocktail menus were unique and offered something for everyone.
Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at Watercolor. There are a multitude of activities to participate in daily, easy access to the beach and several pools, and lots of great shops, restaurants and bars nearby. I only wish I had had more time to explore the area via bike (which are provided for each guest). I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WaterColor Inn, nestled on nearly 500 acres of sugar-white sand beach, is surrounded by 1,400 linear feet of beachfront and pine forests alongside Western Lake, the state’s second-largest naturally occurring coastal dune lake. The 60-room Inn offers deluxe accommodations designed by David Rockwell, each overlooking the Gulf of Mexico and donning a pair of Adirondack chairs on the patio (and on the first floor, a private outdoor cabana shower). Perfectly encapsulating the spirit of an intimate beach getaway—while providing the functionality necessary for a family vacation—the freshly redecorated beachfront rooms bring the outdoors in, mere footsteps from the sand. From the soft linens to the spa-inspired toiletries, every well-appointed room offers a relaxing and comfortable seaside oasis. Owned by St. Joe Club & Resorts, this distinctive hotel property affords guests access to a bevy of the private membership club’s amenities. These include private golf and beach club access; complimentary bicycle use; kayak, canoe, pontoon boat, and discounted YOLO board rentals; and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your WaterColor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watercolor Hotel Santa Rosa Beach
- Water Color Hotel
- WaterColor Inn Florida/Santa Rosa Beach