“Amazing wedding weekend”
Review of WaterColor Inn

WaterColor Inn
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Rented a house through WaterColor Inn and Resort within Blocks of the beachclub in Santa Rosa Beach, FL back in mid-September for a friend's destination wedding. What an absolutely amazing place! Top notch amenities, beautiful & controlled access to the beach club pool overlooking the white sand beach and crystal clear water. This was my first time to the panhandle of Florida, and now i cannot wait to go back! We drove up and down the beachfront and visited Destin and Alys Beach as well and Watercolor was the best by far.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
watercolorinn, Guest Services at WaterColor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. We agree that the panhandle is a beautiful location. We are happy that you had a great weekend and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great place to just get away for a few days. Beautiful beach that definitely lives up to the name, Watercolors. Wonderful relaxed atmosphere, super comfortable rooms, great service, nice spa in hotel. I especially loved the library in the reception area! Hotel restaurant is good and there are other very good restaurants in the area. Lots of outdoor activities available. Fun shopping area nearby within walking distance. Plan to come back as often as we can!

Room Tip: View of ocean is best on second or third floors with balcony
1  Thank Diana M

Thank you for a great review. We are delighted that you had a great time and we would be happy to assist you with your return reservations.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have been staying at the Watercolor Inn since it first opened. I have slowly seen change but Oct. 2013 has taken quite a turn. For $500 a night, I expect exceptional service and amazing amenities. The staff were pleasant but if I needed anything, I felt like I was being a burden. There is not much included with your stay. On top of your hotel fee, you are required to pay a $30 resort fee for your amenities. I was excited to rent a yolo board or kayak on the beach but these items are not included in the resort fee. You must drive to the boat house and kayaks are available there. The biggest disappointment was the absence of the hot tub. They got rid of this amenity last year due to a leak. A leak I understand but invest in your customers and rebuild. The pools are not even heated!

I am extremely disappointed with the Watercolor Inn. Unless they invest in their customers I will not be returning!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you did not have the experience you hoped for. Our staff strives to provide a memorable guest experience and we are disappointed when we fail to meet our guest’s expectations. Your comments are helpful to us so we can improve service and value. We hope that you would choose to return to our resort in the future, as we are expanding and will soon be offering more amenities at our resort.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent two nights at this beautiful resort in the pan handle of Florida the first weekend in October 2013 . The staff, amenities, views, restaurants, beaches, weather -everything was simply amazing! We booked the recumbence suite on the 4th floor. It is pricey but we were there during the high season ( 1st two weeks of October is fall break for the Souther State High Schools)From our deck we joyed the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. The rooms are well appointed, with luxury toiletries and very comfortable bedding. The in room coffee server is a plus! Chairs and umbrellas are available and set up for a nominal fee. The weather was perfect and the bar service at the pool was great. We had dinner at the on site restaurant, Fish out of Water. The staff was informed it was my birthday and provided us with a lovely dinning experience and surprise birthday dessert. As guests of the Inn we enjoyed the complimentary bikes available to us to explore the near by town of Seaside. Both my husband and I had massages at the spa which completed our goal of total relaxation. I can't wait to return to this slice of heaven with beautiful sugar sand beaches and lovely sunsets!

1  Thank MsHotel

Thank you for your review of our resort. We are glad that you had a great birthday while you were here and enjoyed your stay. We agree that October is a great time to visit the beaches and our communities. We look forward to your next visit and hope that you will return, as many do, year after year to celebrate special occasions.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in one of the vacation homes at WaterColor! The property is beautiful, the home was lovely, the stay was better than the Ritz! Perfect all the way around! I enjoyed it much more than Seaside (although we walked to Seaside daily!) I was really impressed with the accommodating staff! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review and we agree that the resort is “great”. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding areas. We would love for you to return and we would be happy to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just returned from a two night stay at WCI and while that part of Florida is spectacular I have some issues with them calling it a 4 diamond property

1st of all, for the service people I interacted with they were pleasant and helpful. However, for the $500 per night price tag I guess was expecting a heck more in personal service.

Bellman, check in experience was fine. I have been here before so I knew the drill. However, Noble House has taken the charm and personal feel in favor of more corporate decisions. They used to have a nice communal breakfast with coffee etc, (part of the room price). I am not talking the kind you find at Holiday inn or hampton Inn but a nice continental breakfast with real high end coffee. I am a bit of a coffee snob so take my word for it.

No attention was paid at the adult pool. This was not a huge deal but we were finally traveling sans children and were looking for a little pampering at 5 hundy per night. Am I crazy? At 4 seasons or Ritz pretty much your wish is there command hence the 500-1500 per night bait you part with per night in exchange for some service you don't get elsewhere.

My thought is that they don't have to be "great"as they are the only full service resort in this beautiful area so why bother? What a shame.

Food was great everywhere and room service was prompt.

Workout facility was woefully inadequate and tiny.

Rooms and views are very nice but could use a fresher carpet.

Bar area was not attractive and they should consider starting over. I love ordering a martini and then having the service door fly open and see crap everywhere in the back. Again, if you are 4 diamond and flaunt it them play the part.

Not likely to return to WCI but it was a good 10 yr run. We would stay at a house at WC but until they get it right at WCI I would not bother.

If you get it offseason for 250 per night then maybe it is worth it because of the beach views. Other than that stay in a house.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Brandon B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you feel your stay did not have enough value or service. Our staff strives to provide a fantastic guest experience and we are disappointed to hear we fail to meet your expectations. Your comments are helpful to us so we can improve our service and value. We hope that you would choose to return to our resort in the future and enjoy an expanded array of amenities that we are adding for 2014.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Every aspect was above and beyond expectations. Beach club was outstanding. We dined at Fish Out of Water which was better than advertised.The location of the Inn is walking distance to the shoppes and restaurants at Seaside and the beach area was great. Overall visit didn't have a glitch.

Room Tip: Request the 3rd or fourth floor for a better view of the beach. First and second floors don't ha...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you had a memorable experience here at the resort. Dining and shopping are some of the most favorite activities that our guests enjoy while visiting our area. We hope to see you at the resort again and be of assistance with future reservations, just give us a call.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa Beach
The Henderson - A Salamander Beach & Spa Resort
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard

Been to WaterColor Inn? Share your experiences!