“One of My Favorite Places”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Tango

Cafe Tango
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gulf Coast
“One of My Favorite Places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Called late afternoon looking for a reservation that night and we got the last table of the night. Very accommodating staff as this place is small and patrons sometimes like to linger but there is never any attempt to rush you out the door. In fact we were the last couple to leave the night we dined.
This was our second visit and everything we tasted was outstanding, scallop appetizer, salad, tango fish, lobster ravioli. They even provided a "combo" dessert as we had trouble deciding.
Not sure why anyone would complain about anything here as it is one of the best meals in the area.

Chelsea, Alabama, United States
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I love Cafe Tango. We make reservations a month ahead before we visit. It is a very cozy and romantic setting. The food is excellent as well as the service.

Florida
“Poor Experience before we ever show up!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We planned a nice dinner out with friends for a celebration and chose Cafe Tango. Called the restaurant and requested a table for 6 people at 7:00pm. They said they usually schedule seatings at 6 and 8 but after we explained this would not work and we would just look into another restaurant, they then said...no problem, we will seat you at 7:00pm. This reservation was made 5 days before the dinner. After notifying our friends and making our plans, we thought everything was set.

We received a call the day before our reservation and "Andrew" informed us he had just looked at the schedule and they made a mistake and would not seat us at 7. He offered 6 or 8 but we explained this would not work due to other arrangements.

We opted to cancel and went elsewhere. My problem with Cafe Tango is that if you take a reservation....honor it!! At first thought, I felt they probably had the table spoken for by another group arriving at 8:00pm ...but then I realized that if they were offerring us either a 6:00 or 8:00 seating, then basically, they chose to inconvenience us due to their mistake because they wanted to be able to have additional seating income by moving us from 7:00pm to either 6 or 8.

What I feel they should have done was: Call and politely ask if we would mind moving...and perhaps accept some free appetizers/wine or dessert as a way of making up for their mistake. If the customer could not move....then happily keep the reservation and potentially lose out on seating another group for that night....lesson learned.

Now they have alienated 6 people in the community from returning and generated a poor review...............if this is how they treat people before you show up.....not sure the experience would be any better once seated.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank 1wearytraveler
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Find time for dinner here!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Cafe Tango ........ Reasons why you must find time to have dinner here.

Food is fresh and delicious.  We had dinner here twice this past week and each time I ordered the same thing, it was that good.  I started with the Crab Stuffed Portobello, which was very tasty and smelled so good.  Then I had the Lobster Ravioli, lots of lobster in the ravioli, in addition to shrimp and a large scallop, covered by a pink sauce, this was awesome and fresh, even down to the ravioli.  Didn't have dessert because we were just too full.  My husband had the Seafood Stuffed Piquillos Peppers followed by the Tango Fish (Red Snapper) our first visit and the Spicy Shrimp Scampi followed by the Lobster Ravioli the second time.  Everything was delicious.

The one thing that I noticed was that the dessert menu had no chocolate item on it and since I am a chocoholic I was disappointed, but don't let this stop you from eating here. The service is  great, we did not feel rushed at all.  The wait staff were very attentive to filling both our water and drink glasses.

Cafe Tango does not have a full bar, they serve only wine, but the wine list is very extensive.
Since this restaurant is small, I would not recommend it for little kids.  (The only reason I say this is because of the size of the restaurant.)

Cafe Tango has about 10 tables so I would definitely make a reservation.  At times there are private parties that reserve the whole restaurant, so call ahead and make a reservation and you will have a delicious dinner and a very nice dining experience.

Can't wait to go back.

“Tremendous Taste..With a bitter End”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is an honest review and straight to the point. The food was as good as I've ever put in my mouth. I have nothing bad to say about it. Food was 5 star. The Tall thin dark haired waiter however was a complete tool bag and had the personality of a stump in the ground. When we were done with our meal I left our tip on the table and we went up to pay at the register and he was shuffling through our cash 2 or 3 times and said "Nothing for me?" I said what ? And he said again "Nothing for me guys?" with the look you would expect from an arrogant little punk. I said , it's on the table..and walked out. So my pleasant dining experience was ended with nothing but a sour taste in my mouth and the thought that if I would have known in advance I would have left the tool bag tipless.

3 Thank TheGreatTaster