“Great restaurant! Good food, extended winelist. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends!”
Review of Cafe Thirty A

Cafe Thirty A
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Thirty A is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Somerset Bridge Rd.
Description: Café Thirty-A is a casual fine-dining restaurant featuring grilled and fire roasted seafood, meats and poultry, wood-oven pizza, vegetarian fare and hedonistic, "architectural" desserts. The menu changes daily according to availability of ingredients. Fine wines and cocktails--including a creative menu of the best martinis in the area--complement the meal. The ambiance is open, casual, "islandy," yet sophisticated, with vaulted ceilings, upside-down market umbrellas, hand painted chairs, intimate lighting and half-wall dividers creating the atmosphere. Patrons often state, "It just makes you feel good to walk in here!" It's a fun, happening place to dine - with impeccable, yet unpretentious, service. Recent and ongoing awards are: Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Florida Trend Golden Spoon Award, North American Restaurant Association Five-Star Award of Excellence, NW Florida Daily News “Restaurant of the Year.” Private dining for 25-80 is available upstairs in the Fishbone
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We (family with 2 boys) had dinner in this restaurant over springbreak and really enjoyed it. The menu is good and they also have a kids menu. Good atmosphere, good service. If you are in the neighbourhood it's definetly worth going. The kids really liked the desserts :)

Reviewed September 19, 2009

My wife and I went to Cafe Thirty A upon the recommendation of several friends. We were not disappointed. We started with the world famous Quail and Grits. Probably the best grits I have ever eaten! We followed with the Heirloom Tomato and hand Made Mozzarella Salad. This dish while tasty was the low point compared to the others. I had the Butter Fish with mashed sweet potatoes and a pacific style chutney. It has been two days and I am still thinking about that fish! My wife had the Seared Tuna. Perfectly prepared and a large portion. Tom our server was perhaps the most attentive and friendly I have encountered on the emerald coast. The only thing that would have made the meal better is if we had made the 2 for 1 early bird special!! You must eat here!

1  Thank danonthego
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I must have driven by it a dozen times. A friend had her birthday celebration there and the meal was great so I decided to take a foodie friend there who was visiting. We did a sample tour trying the mini-courses of grilled quail with grits & sage fritters, duck salad, beef carpaccio, and crab cakes. She made an excellent pairing of a muga aro from Spain. very nice. we didn't have room for dessert.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

Excellent service and atmosphere. I had the Hawaiian butterfish and companion had the Filet Mignon. Both were outstanding. I would recommend the Banana Beignets for dessert. Beautiful view of the water. Parking is limited but they do offer valet parking.

1  Thank southerntraveler25
Reviewed July 16, 2009

An excellent choice for a romantic dinner--consistently good--nice wine list---not pretentious. If you go, you MUST order the quail and grits appetizer. This has been on the menu for many years and is unbelievably tasty. Many years ago on our first visit a friend made me swear I would order it although it's not something I would normally order--have had it every visit since.