“Delicious!”
Review of Cafe Thirty A

Cafe Thirty A
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Thirty A is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Somerset Bridge Rd.
Description: Café Thirty-A is a casual fine-dining restaurant featuring grilled and fire roasted seafood, meats and poultry, wood-oven pizza, vegetarian fare and hedonistic, "architectural" desserts. The menu changes daily according to availability of ingredients. Fine wines and cocktails--including a creative menu of the best martinis in the area--complement the meal. The ambiance is open, casual, "islandy," yet sophisticated, with vaulted ceilings, upside-down market umbrellas, hand painted chairs, intimate lighting and half-wall dividers creating the atmosphere. Patrons often state, "It just makes you feel good to walk in here!" It's a fun, happening place to dine - with impeccable, yet unpretentious, service. Recent and ongoing awards are: Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Florida Trend Golden Spoon Award, North American Restaurant Association Five-Star Award of Excellence, NW Florida Daily News “Restaurant of the Year.” Private dining for 25-80 is available upstairs in the Fishbone
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had the lobster dish which was outstanding! Think Mac and cheese with Lobster - what a great pairing! The salads were good and the service was good too. Would return here.

1  Thank gloria s

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was really looking forward to eating here because it is the favorite Florida restaurant for my son and his fiancé. It lived up to their rave reviews! I started with a red and golden beet salad which had a beautiful presentation. It was generous in size and I split it with a family member. If you like beets- you must get this!!! This same family member and I each ordered snapper and grouper and asked them to plate half of each on our plates. They did a great job with that- it looked attractive and was delicious. I hope I have the opportunity to return!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Had the grouper, split it with my wife. One plate is plenty for two people to share. Good wine list with reasonable prices. Excellent service even with the July 4 crowds.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The name of this restaurant is deceiving - it's a much nicer, upscale restaurant than the name denotes. We have been there several times - try to go every time we are down in the area. We got there at about 5:30 pm - the entrees are 2-4-1 between 5-6. Entrees average between $30-40 per meal. Each meal has bread provided prior to the meal - can have oil or butter to accompany the bread. The meals are excellent. We each had the NY Strip steak which had Roasted Corn, Scallion, & Cheddar Mash ~Applewood Smoked Bacon Collard Greens accompanying the steak. Food was very good - of note this time: my steak had a little more fat than usual on it - and there was a seasoning that was similar to teriyaki sauce on the steak and/or the collards - a little stronger than usual and a little bit saltier than is to my liking. However, it didn't keep me from cleaning my plate! I requested horseradish on the side and that was also provided. Presentation of all the meals I saw were impressive. Service was excellent. It is evident that the wait staff is well trained and knows the menu extremely well. For dessert, I ordered the ice cream sampler - 3scoops of sorbet. I asked if I could substitute to the other ice creams (made on site, I believe) - I had chocolate, macadamia nut, and cinnamon ice cream. Excellent!!!

Ok, a couple of the negatives - we didn't have reservations on a very busy night (and there is valet parking in the front, which I think is frivolous). So the table we got was in a very busy traffic area. Wish we had been in a quieter place. However, we felt fortunate to get a place.

Highly recommended restaurant and we will be returning.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My first visit to Cafe 30A was this past week and man was it a good one! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone! Amazing service. Amazing food. And holy cow their crab cakes... Don't even get me started. I actually made my own meal out of additional items: truffled crawfish Mac and cheese, lump crab meat, and grits. Talk about a happy tummy. You must go!!