“Some of the best food on 30A!!”
Review of Cafe Thirty A

Cafe Thirty A
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Thirty A is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Somerset Bridge Rd.
Description: Café Thirty-A is a casual fine-dining restaurant featuring grilled and fire roasted seafood, meats and poultry, wood-oven pizza, vegetarian fare and hedonistic, "architectural" desserts. The menu changes daily according to availability of ingredients. Fine wines and cocktails--including a creative menu of the best martinis in the area--complement the meal. The ambiance is open, casual, "islandy," yet sophisticated, with vaulted ceilings, upside-down market umbrellas, hand painted chairs, intimate lighting and half-wall dividers creating the atmosphere. Patrons often state, "It just makes you feel good to walk in here!" It's a fun, happening place to dine - with impeccable, yet unpretentious, service. Recent and ongoing awards are: Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Florida Trend Golden Spoon Award, North American Restaurant Association Five-Star Award of Excellence, NW Florida Daily News “Restaurant of the Year.” Private dining for 25-80 is available upstairs in the Fishbone
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Memorial Day weekend and didn't have a reservation. We arrived past the 1/2 price entree special which is totally cool. Trust me it's worth it! I had the Grouper which was divine and Rod had the Snapper, also heavenly! We were able to sit in the bar order and eay. The food was delivered super fast and was literally one of the best meals of the weekend.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Thirty A

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went to C30a last week based on reviews from co-workers and Trip Advisor. Everyone says how great it is, so how can you not try it? We are sure glad that we did. Our group of 6 (four adults and two kids) were seated promptly when we arrived at 5 even though our reservation was for 5:30. We were greeted by everyone from the valet to the hostess, to the waiter. Really made us feel appreciated. The servers are great and very friendly, and brought crayons for both kids while inviting them to draw on the paper tablecloth. We did not order appetizers, so started with salads. The beet salad looked great and tasted awesome. Highly recommended even if you are not a beet fan. The wedge salad had a great dressing with just the right amount of herbs. The server also brought a couple baskets of nice, warm bread and poured a plate of olive oil for each of us. I asked for some balsamic vinegar and he quickly brought some over. I was surprised to see that it was clear when he poured it. He explained that it is a Spanish product. It tasted sweet and less vinegary than the dark version. I am hooked and very glad that I asked for it. The entrees looked as good as they tasted. The New York Strips we very tasty...one of the best I have ever tried (next time I will order my own, I'm glad my wife ordered it). The grouper was very fresh and came on a bed of vegetables cooked in a white wine. Really good, and plenty to eat. One of the kids had a pepperoni pizza which was more than enough, we actually took half of it home. For dessert, you MUST try the banana beignets. What a great combination of flavors (banana, macadamia, cinnamon), textures (crispy pastry, soft banana), and temperatures (warm banana, cold ice cream). Two orders satisfied all six of us, and controlled our portions...I could have easily and happily eaten my own order. If you go between 5 and 6, most of the entrees are buy one, get one free...but the meal is worth paying full price for. Our bill came out to about $35 per person (counting the four adults and one child that ordered). The "happy hour" deal saved us $10 per person, but you cant get this level of quality, service, and ambience for less. Make sure you put this place on your "must-do" list if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We dined with a family of 6 here last week. Grandmother, mom, dad, 6 year old, 2.5 year old, and infant. We called ahead for reservations, told the hostess that we had three "well behaved kids" and she set us up in a table against a wall on the outdoor addition. We were next to another family that was three moms and three kids. We were clearly pushed to the back and hidden in teh restaurant, but that's OK.

Our waiter was very nice and he explained the early bird 2 for 1 deals. Basically, all entrees except the filet and lobster entrees are 2 for 1 from 5 to 6. We ordered two NY strips, one snapper, and 1 chicken entree (so that the kids could split it).

The food was excellent, as always. The salads were better than most restuarants, but not outstanding. I ordered the wedge and though the blue cheese dressing was good, there wasn't much to make it fancy or spectacular. I think the same can be said of their other salads.

Also, they don't offer brewed tea (which is a bummer), so when you order tea it comes in a glass bottle of the type that you will find at your local Starbucks.

We usually stay for dessert (I've never been disappointed by their desserts), but we opted for a quickish meal and headed back home where a key lime pie was waiting for us.

I highly reccommend C30A during happy hour entrees (especially the fish entrees, minus the grouper) and encourage reservations. Also, the parking lot gets crowded early, so if its possible to walk, you will probably prefer it.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Love the seasonal menus and the two-for-one entree special. The fried oyster salad is delicious and their grits are by far they best grits I have ever had.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Dined here a year ago when we were on vacation and tried it again this year with my family. We all ordered something different and thought it was excellent. Crab cake, creamy grits, shrimp pasta, filet, banana beignets, sorbet- no complaints about anything. Our waiter was attentive and took some time to talk to us too! I'd suggest you make a reservation. Parking is tough- just plan on using the valet!