“Goooood Place”
Review of Cafe Thirty A

Cafe Thirty A
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Thirty A is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Somerset Bridge Rd.
Description: Café Thirty-A is a casual fine-dining restaurant featuring grilled and fire roasted seafood, meats and poultry, wood-oven pizza, vegetarian fare and hedonistic, "architectural" desserts. The menu changes daily according to availability of ingredients. Fine wines and cocktails--including a creative menu of the best martinis in the area--complement the meal. The ambiance is open, casual, "islandy," yet sophisticated, with vaulted ceilings, upside-down market umbrellas, hand painted chairs, intimate lighting and half-wall dividers creating the atmosphere. Patrons often state, "It just makes you feel good to walk in here!" It's a fun, happening place to dine - with impeccable, yet unpretentious, service. Recent and ongoing awards are: Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Florida Trend Golden Spoon Award, North American Restaurant Association Five-Star Award of Excellence, NW Florida Daily News “Restaurant of the Year.” Private dining for 25-80 is available upstairs in the Fishbone
Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was worth the 30 mile drive to get to it from our hotel. The food and service was very good.
The wine list is so big it took a while to make up my mind. Very good selection and good pricing.
We would go back very often if it wasn't 475 miles from my home.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Every time we visit the beaches of 30A we always have dinner at Cafe Thirty A. The food is always delicious, the service always friendly and the ambiance perfect for the beach. Best pineapple Cosmo any where! Highly recommend!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was a birthday dinner - my wife chose to take me there to celebrate my birthday and I thought it was a great choice. However, the restaurant did not live up to our expectations. My wife's dinner of scallops was excellent, but my salmon was not. It tasted like it had been cooked using oil which had seen a lot of prior service. The fish tasted bad. It just had that taste of stale cooking oil. The potatoes were roasted new potatoes and the first one was very good; however, the next one tasted like it was from last week's leftovers. And that experience continued. Some of the potatoes were great and some tasted like old ones that should have been thrown out. Overall, I just can't understand what happened that evening - it was January 15. The ambience was good, the waiter was very good, but the food was not. Could it be that the regular chef was not on duty? This restaurant is usually great, but I'm reluctant to go back.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I just got back from a lovely trip to Seagrove FL. Some friends recommended that we try Cafe Thirty A for dinner. We're usually late diners but it turns out that they've got a 2-for-1 deal on entrees from 5:00 to 6:00 PM. We were trying to be frugal so we decided it was worth a try. What a fantastic experience. First off....the staff was amazing. They were friendly, accommodating, attentive and total pro's. We got there right before 6:00 and our waiter went above and beyond to make sure he got our orders in in time to get that 2-for-1 deal. And then the food came. We got the Flash Fried Lobster tail and Braised Short Rib & Diver Scallop to start (note....apps are not a part of the deal but well worth it!!!!). Dear lord! They were both done perfectly. The lobster was sweet and tender and covered in a very light but perfectly crispy batter. And the Short Rib with Scallop was just perfect. The Scallop had the perfect sear on it. We all got different entrees. I had the Salmon....which was done perfectly. My partner got Filet (which I tried and it was done perfectly....he asked for medium rare) and it was tender and flavorful. I highly recommend trying this restaurant. It's worth it whether you get there early enough for the deal or not. I would go back and pay full price in a heartbeat!! Enjoy!!!

1  Thank GDavin
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Love this restaurant ! Have been a couple time and have never been disappointed! This year we had a party of 12 and the service was excellent and the prices were right on target. This resturant is a must try!

1  Thank Pickenteeth