“Best Food Always”
Review of Cafe Thirty A

Cafe Thirty A
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Thirty A is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Somerset Bridge Rd.
Description: Café Thirty-A is a casual fine-dining restaurant featuring grilled and fire roasted seafood, meats and poultry, wood-oven pizza, vegetarian fare and hedonistic, "architectural" desserts. The menu changes daily according to availability of ingredients. Fine wines and cocktails--including a creative menu of the best martinis in the area--complement the meal. The ambiance is open, casual, "islandy," yet sophisticated, with vaulted ceilings, upside-down market umbrellas, hand painted chairs, intimate lighting and half-wall dividers creating the atmosphere. Patrons often state, "It just makes you feel good to walk in here!" It's a fun, happening place to dine - with impeccable, yet unpretentious, service. Recent and ongoing awards are: Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Florida Trend Golden Spoon Award, North American Restaurant Association Five-Star Award of Excellence, NW Florida Daily News “Restaurant of the Year.” Private dining for 25-80 is available upstairs in the Fishbone
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Love to go here and relax and have a great meal. I have never been to Cafe Thirty A and been disappointed. The service is fabulous, with smiling, kind and fast service. Love love love this place.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

On a quick trip to Seaside for a wedding we trusted the TA reviews and booked a reservation on our first night. As is usually the case, the TA reviews were dead on. Great ambiance, better than average service and a very creative menu. The highlight had to be the quail and grits appetizer. The quail had been roasted in the wood oven and the smokiness they lent to some incredibly prepared grits was heavenly. As my wife (who is not a big grits fan) said, "Everyone would eat grits like this!" We can't wait for our next excuse to go to Seaside and Cafe Thirty-A.

1  Thank imafloridacracker
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My friends and I had dinner here in early October. We did get the 5-6 special two entree for the price of one and went on Thursay when the had the $5 martini special. What a great choice. We had shrimp, scallops and lobster. We were all very happy with our meals and the martinis were fantastic.
Entrees are from around $25-30 each so it really is a huge savings to go at the half price time. You will need to walk to the bar and order your drink and bring it back to the table for the special martinis. Not a big deal at all.
Parking can be very tight and they do take reservations.
I'll be back.

1  Thank KcCabinfever
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our first visit to Cafe Thirty A. This first thing you notice upon arrival is there hardly any parking except for the $5 vallet parking which is operated by kids with bad attitudes. I wasn't about to trust my vehicle with them so I dropped of the family, parked at the building next door and walked 20 yrds to the restaurant. By the time I walked in the family was already seated.

The server was very good and attentive to our needs. He explained the menu very well and offered suggestions on his favorites. I ordered the seafood gumbo as an appetizer which turned out to be an excellent choice. The main entrees we selected were the lobster in paradise, crab cakes, the famous grits and the grilled steak on the kids menu. The bread and dipping oil were very good as well.

The lobster in paradise was excellent. This was probably the most favorite of everything orders. I really liked the lobster mac and cheese that comes with it. The crab cakes were ok - nothing exceptional. I'm not a grits fan but these were very creamy and tasty. I ate more grits at dinner than I've eaten in my entire life! The steak on the kids menu was surprising large but then again it was $17. The meat was a little on the pink side but otherwise very good. It came with some tasty fries and veggies.

For dessert we had the banana beignets. The beignets by themself were ok but the ice cream, choc sauce and flakey pastry made it a overall good dessert.

The restaurtant tries to give the appearance of a high-end establishment it falls a tad short except on the menu prices. The main dishes are in the $25 - 40 range with the appetizers and salads in the $8 - $15 range.

They do offer a 2 for 1 entree special from 5 - 6pm but exclude some of the more popular items such as the lobster in paradise and several others.

Overall a very good experience. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area and we will probably visit Cafe Thirty A again for a special occasion.

2  Thank exptraveller501
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stopped at Cafe Thirty A because it was well rated and had gluten free options. We were NOT disappointed. They have their gluten free options clearly marked on the menu, which shows that they are knowledgeable and prepared to accommodate a gluten sensitivity. I got so tired of trying to explain to servers (and managers) what gluten is all vacation. It was nice to just be able to look at the GF designations and pick something.

The food was wonderful. Our server was exceptional, exactly what you should be able at the price point. Although I typically like to eat local fish, I couldn't resist trying the butterfish with the sweet potato puree. It was the best meal I had our entire vacation. The food options are creative but work really well together. Yes, it's a pricier restaurant, but was worth it. We will be back every time we visit the panhandle.

Note - they don't have any gluten free dessert options besides sorbet. Maybe next time?

1  Thank chasegl