“Pass the salt please!!”
Review of The Marigny - CLOSED

The Marigny
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ringgold, Georgia
“Pass the salt please!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After reading all of the reviews, I was really excited to try this restaurant. However, it was more than disappointing! There were only 2 other tables there and it still took about 20 minutes or more to get our food. I ordered the grillades and grits and stopped eating after 2 bites. It was completely BLAND and the grits tasted more like oatmeal than grits. I tried shaking a lot of salt on it, but nothing seemed to help. My mom ordered the jambalaya and said the same thing--there was no seasoning and asked me for the salt. She also said that the chicken in it tasted leftover. My husband had the etouffee and said it was only OK. I told the waitress that the dish was very bland and needed salt. I like for them to know these things so that they can be fixed and successful. The menu looked so good, so I was expecting the food to match : ( One positive note--the poutine appetizer was delicious! After eating that, I figured the rest would be superb. We drove from WaterSound to go there (about 30 mins), and it's definitely not worth the drive. I hope they fix some of these problems--especially the seasoning and wish them much success!

• Visited April 2014

“Great Service & Food 5 min drive from Top Sail State Park”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went Easter Sunday, had their Poor Boy special, ham, cheese and fried chicken very good , large portions, Easter morning was very busy, but service was good.

Went back that evening for a little seafood 7:30 pm the owner was still working.
Ordered a cup of seafood gumbo, mildly spice, but excellent , crab cake on top of a corn medley and sauce. My husband ordered Marigny ,(small wedge salads with tomato's, and vidalia onions)

Toped the night off with sharing large serving of bread pudding with southern comfort carmel sauce, even my husband that love's chocolate really enjoyed it.

They have a large outdoor bar next to the pool , to cold today, but would be great for large gatherings.

Check it out if you want quality food.

• Visited April 2014
Calgary
“Sunday Brunch or Dinner”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went twice on consecutive Sundays. The service was friendly and recommendations were excellent. The shrimp remoulade was incredible as an appetizer as were the BBQ shrimp pasta and crawfish etouffee for mains. The brunch menu includes some creative versions of Eggs Benedict that were very tasty with the complementary champagne. For desert you cannot miss with the New Orleans ice cream or fresh beignets. Creole is a new style of cuisine for me and it has become one of my favorites.

• Visited February 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“A Little Taste of NOLA”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stopped in for lunch on Friday when I could get the special which is seafood creole. It was spicy and good. Loved the lemon vinaigrette that they put on the wedge salad. My husband had the small shrimp po boy and was glad he didn't get anything bigger. The shrimp were plentiful and the bread was fantastic. Excellent meal.

Visited February 2014
“Service???”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Lived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast for over 20 years and with New Orleans only an hour away and my wife's family living there, we spent a lot of time eating New Orleans seafood and po-boys. Marigny's po-boys have the correct bread, but the roast beef po-boy was loaded with debris, so much so that you had to eat it with a knife and fork but was seasoned way to hot and the shrimp po-boy had so much mayo that it also soon fell apart. Could not believe they had no brown mustard for the roast beef. We went on a Thursday night and they had a very nice crowd which should not have been a problem but, it took a little over 20 minutes for a waiter to arrive and take our order and another 20 to get our appetizers. Our entrees arrived in a timely manner so they evidently received additional help in the kitchen since when we arrived, most of the tables had no food on them. We plan on going back to see if they corrected the help problem.

Visited February 2014