“Expensive but delicious”

Bruno's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome, and thank you for choosing Bruno's Pizza! My family used to vacation here on the Emerald Coast when my brothers and I were just kids. After getting fired from a job in the city,Birmingham/Huntsville in the spring of 1990,I did what any irresponsible 23 yr. old would do, I packed up my car with my Golden Retriever, and moved to the beach!! My big plan was to wait tables here during the summer, and then spend the winters in Telluride, Colorado, waiting tables there. Well, as most plans go at that age,so did mine. I met a man named Joel Smith,he was the owner of the Wheelhouse restaurant. He wanted to open 30a's first pizza shop, but he had a problem. He had never made a pizza in his life, had no recipes, or even any employees.I had some experience working in a pizza shop while going to college, so I said sure I would give it a shot.I can still remember the very first pizza we made, it came out of the oven half-cooked, because I had no previous experience cooking with the old-school deck ovens that we had just turned on 1 hour before we opened the doors!!! When the lease came up for renewal in 1991, the landlord and Mr.Smith could not come to an agreement, so Mr. Smith asked me if I wanted to buy it? $12,500.00 from a bank with questionable loan guidelines and I was the proud owner of 30a's only pizzeria! I wish I had a good story about where the name Bruno's came from , but the truth is when we were trying to think of a name, the name of the grocery store chain in the south called Bruno's, sounded pretty good, so we went with it. I like to say that we are a classic old-school pizzeria in that we still make our own dough and sauce every day, we still hand-toss it into the air, and we have an open kitchen that allows you to watch your pie being made from start to finish. Our pizza is more expensive than any of our competitors, due to the fact that we buy the freshest produce, and the finest meats to put on our pizzas. You can find me still working the lunch shift most days, so come by and we will show you why we have been voted the best pizza on 30a for the last 23 years. THANK YOU!!!!!! Jeff
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Ordered carry out for an evening in after a day of swimming. I thought the pizza was great! We got a pepperoni, a Santa Rosa Beach, chef salad and a calzone. All were really good. It is expensive pizza, so don’t go thinking you’re going to get chain pizza prices. But it’s well worth the price if you’re looking for a really good pizza!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

The website prices are WAY off. We ordered Garlic Knots, 10 Wings, Large Camp Creek pizza and Medium Cheese pizza. We thought the total would be $41. It took 2 hours before they delivered (quoted 1 hour) and the bill was $83! I asked if the total was correct...yep. WAY OVERPRICED.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a nearby pizza place on our first day in Seagrove Beach and found Bruno's. The large pizza we got was great-tasting and just right for the four of us. We would definitely go there again.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

The pizza was so fresh and yummy! The pasta was good as well. And those cinnamon roll pieces are great. Three people for $26 including a drink is a steal for what you get! We will be making a trip there every time we’re visiting Destin!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is our second visit in as many years. In our opinion, Bruno's has the best pizza in the area, got it three nights during our week long stay. Order form here, you won't be disappointed!