“Good pizza”

Bruno's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome, and thank you for choosing Bruno's Pizza! My family used to vacation here on the Emerald Coast when my brothers and I were just kids. After getting fired from a job in the city,Birmingham/Huntsville in the spring of 1990,I did what any irresponsible 23 yr. old would do, I packed up my car with my Golden Retriever, and moved to the beach!! My big plan was to wait tables here during the summer, and then spend the winters in Telluride, Colorado, waiting tables there. Well, as most plans go at that age,so did mine. I met a man named Joel Smith,he was the owner of the Wheelhouse restaurant. He wanted to open 30a's first pizza shop, but he had a problem. He had never made a pizza in his life, had no recipes, or even any employees.I had some experience working in a pizza shop while going to college, so I said sure I would give it a shot.I can still remember the very first pizza we made, it came out of the oven half-cooked, because I had no previous experience cooking with the old-school deck ovens that we had just turned on 1 hour before we opened the doors!!! When the lease came up for renewal in 1991, the landlord and Mr.Smith could not come to an agreement, so Mr. Smith asked me if I wanted to buy it? $12,500.00 from a bank with questionable loan guidelines and I was the proud owner of 30a's only pizzeria! I wish I had a good story about where the name Bruno's came from , but the truth is when we were trying to think of a name, the name of the grocery store chain in the south called Bruno's, sounded pretty good, so we went with it. I like to say that we are a classic old-school pizzeria in that we still make our own dough and sauce every day, we still hand-toss it into the air, and we have an open kitchen that allows you to watch your pie being made from start to finish. Our pizza is more expensive than any of our competitors, due to the fact that we buy the freshest produce, and the finest meats to put on our pizzas. You can find me still working the lunch shift most days, so come by and we will show you why we have been voted the best pizza on 30a for the last 23 years. THANK YOU!!!!!! Jeff
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had pizza delivered our first night at the beach. Bruno's delivered in the time promised. The toppings were piled high and everyone liked what they ordered! $80 for 3 large pizzas and 2 side salads. A little high, but expected at the beach and for a specialty pie. Would order from here again!

There are newer reviews for Bruno's Pizza

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go with a Pizza night with the family and Bruno's was a good choice. Pizza is good, calzones are huge and the garlic knots can't be beat. Went in to order, grabbed a beer and waited for about 30 minutes while our large order was prepared. Impressive considering they were doing a swift business. Not the best pizza you'll ever have but maybe the best local option.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We go to Seagraove annually for a family vacation. Bruno's is our first stop always, and never disappoints...best pizza anywhere around! The chicken white pizza is a killer, and we just tried their barbque chicken pizza, which we will get from now on. Don't miss this secret if in Seaside/ Seagrove/ Rosemary Beach, fl!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Delicious! We ordered 2 pizzas, a calzone, drinks, and garlic knots. Everything was really good. I had to make my 6 and 9 year olds step away from the garlic knots! They would have wolfed down EVERY...single...one of them if I would have let them! We did spend $67 on pizza which was quite a bit, but dang it was good. We are even planning on eating it again tomorrow on our way home from vacay!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Bruno's was a good place for takeout. The pizza and bread rolls were delicious. It was a little crowded place so I recommend the takeout. The Stromboli was very good. If you want good takeout pizza be sure to try Bruno's on 30A