“A little pricey for what you get”
Review of Bruno's Pizza

Bruno's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome, and thank you for choosing Bruno's Pizza! My family used to vacation here on the Emerald Coast when my brothers and I were just kids. After getting fired from a job in the city,Birmingham/Huntsville in the spring of 1990,I did what any irresponsible 23 yr. old would do, I packed up my car with my Golden Retriever, and moved to the beach!! My big plan was to wait tables here during the summer, and then spend the winters in Telluride, Colorado, waiting tables there. Well, as most plans go at that age,so did mine. I met a man named Joel Smith,he was the owner of the Wheelhouse restaurant. He wanted to open 30a's first pizza shop, but he had a problem. He had never made a pizza in his life, had no recipes, or even any employees.I had some experience working in a pizza shop while going to college, so I said sure I would give it a shot.I can still remember the very first pizza we made, it came out of the oven half-cooked, because I had no previous experience cooking with the old-school deck ovens that we had just turned on 1 hour before we opened the doors!!! When the lease came up for renewal in 1991, the landlord and Mr.Smith could not come to an agreement, so Mr. Smith asked me if I wanted to buy it? $12,500.00 from a bank with questionable loan guidelines and I was the proud owner of 30a's only pizzeria! I wish I had a good story about where the name Bruno's came from , but the truth is when we were trying to think of a name, the name of the grocery store chain in the south called Bruno's, sounded pretty good, so we went with it. I like to say that we are a classic old-school pizzeria in that we still make our own dough and sauce every day, we still hand-toss it into the air, and we have an open kitchen that allows you to watch your pie being made from start to finish. Our pizza is more expensive than any of our competitors, due to the fact that we buy the freshest produce, and the finest meats to put on our pizzas. You can find me still working the lunch shift most days, so come by and we will show you why we have been voted the best pizza on 30a for the last 23 years. THANK YOU!!!!!! Jeff
Nashville, Tennessee
“A little pricey for what you get”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ordered pizza, wings, and cinnamon knots. The pizza was very good, but a bit pricier than we are used to. The wings were not that great, very fatty and greasy. The cinnamon knots were good though.

• Visited December 2012

Iowa City, Iowa
“Great pizza and salads”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting Inlet Beach for Christmas and realized rather late that we needed supper on Christmas Eve. My husband called them up and ordered 2 pizzas and salads. We picked up the order and took it back to our rental. We had enough food for the rest of our stay. The pizzas were huge and the toppings were generous. We ordered the smokehouse and the chicken deluxe. The pieces of chicken on both pizzas and my chef salad were big. The crust was very tasty; not over or undercooked. The salads that we got were big enough for 4 separate meals.

We were very impressed with Bruno's.

Red Bud, Illinois
“Very Good Pizza”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We had the pizza delivered. The ordering and delivery process were smooth. The pizza was good and the cinnamon bites with icing and butter were awesome. I would definitely order again and will be stopping by for the buffet.

Huntsville, Alabama
“Have it YOUR way”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a great Pizza buffet. The pizza is very good. Prices very reasonable. Eat in or eat in the courtyard. The staff is extremely accomodating. If your favorite pizza is not out, just mention it and that will be the next one they put out. Be sure to try the BBQ pork pizza. Salad bar is included but is just average. Soft Drink also included with buffet.

• Visited November 2012
Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a small store front turnin out some awesome pizza”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

had the buffet. good variety of toppings. we loved them all! the crust and sauce...perfection. the place was packed so we enjoyed our meal in the courtyard. AND it was the least expensive meal we've had on our vacation to the Florida panhandle.