“Don't let the outside scare you”

Goatfeathers Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: No reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

On our last night in Destin, we decided to try Goatfeathers. The outside & the downstairs lobby were a little shabby looking, but upstairs was nice. The grouper was delicious and tasted very fresh, probably because there is a seafood market attached. The service was good and overall it was a great experience.

1  Thank Mike M

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped by one afternoon after a rain shower and were very happy with our first visit to Goatfeathers.

There were a couple of giggly girls at the desk where guests are greeted, but they did seat us within a few seconds to a back window seat where other patrons were. Our waiter was from England and did an outstanding job. He gets an A plus for service and personality.

The half-pound boiled shrimp appetizer was some of the best of its kind we had ever had in Florida. You could tell it was fresh and the shrimp were extra-large. A full pound would have been enough for a meal for two, and I can eat shrimp like there is no tomorrow.

The sides were pretty good, but not outstanding. What makes us want to come back was the great boiled shrimp and the super service by our waiter. It's a definite for our next visit to 30-A.

1  Thank LADestinlover
Reviewed November 4, 2013

It was a beautiful day so we decided to take a drive down Florida's Scenic Highway 30a. We had eaten at Goatfeathers a couple of years ago and wanted to try it again. It's a great location and just a short walk to the beach to help loosen up after a great lunch. We started with $2.00 Mimosa's; that's right $2.00! The lunch selections are too numerous to list. They range from seafood to beef to chicken with a few selections for the vegetarian diner. We chose shrimp. My wife chose hers fried, while I selected grilled. The lunch came with a house salad, a side dish, and hushpuppies. My wife had green beans while I opted for collard greens. The salad was chilled and the salad dressing was outstanding. The fried shrimp was very lightly battered and cooked perfectly. The grilled shrimp was equally as well prepared as the fried shrimp...sounding a little like Bubba Gump! The green beans and collard greens were lightly seasoned with bacon and onion. They were delicious. This is a great spot. The staff was helpful and attentive. The total lunch tab with Mimosa's was $25.78. That is a value for the quality any way you slice it. We took the short walk to the beach and looked a the beautiful Gulf for a while. Good food and a beautiful view; an unbeatable combination. Try it, you will like.

1  Thank CrestviewEER
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went for the lunch specials as recommended by a local. $8.95 including a drink. I had boiled shrimp and my partner had grilled white fish. You get a choice of sides and bread with the fish. My shrimp were really good, although served cold which I didn't expect. My partners fish was really good. The sides were average, apart from the yam patties which were absolutely delicious. Service was pleasant, but a little "stretched"- they seem short staffed and the place wasn't quiet. I would definitely recommend for a good value, no frills lunch.

1  Thank helwise
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a place you don't want to miss. We have a beach house here and visit several time a year. The food is great. Service is too. It's locally owned and the owner takes a lot of pride in doing a good job. There is a fish market downstairs and the restaurant is on the second floor. Don't miss the lunch specials ! Great for winter time too.

2  Thank cudati