“Best Meal and Service”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: No reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have driven by this place many times on our treks to Destin. The wife has always wanted to stop so this year I surprised her by pulling up in the parking lot this year. No regrets here. The place was clean and service was quick and friendly. But the real treat was the food. The Grouper was cooked to perfection and the sides seasoned perfectly. The show stopper was their Rum soaked Bread Pudding. The wife is still raving about it. A Santa Rosa gem.

2  Thank EvilleBuffett_7

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We always eat at Goatfeathers at least once when we visit this area. This time we went for lunch and each had one of the lunch specials. I chose a Greek salad as my side and it came out first. My gosh, it was huge, so we shared it..............and it was really delicious. My oysters that followed were good but not as good as George's. We will definitely return...............there's just something special about this local place.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The last time we were here in June of 2013, the food was plentiful and excellent and I had one of the best cosmos ever. Therefore, we were looking forward to our next visit which was very disappointing. First of all, the waitresses were also the bartenders. The cosmo I ordered was below average - I don't think there was any vodka in it, and it tasted more like fruit punch. We ordered grouper prepared differently. My sister had the same entrée as she chose the last time which she loved. It was served with shrimp and scallops, but this time the shrimp were tiny and the sauce was milky and bland. It didn't even look appetizing. I had the broiled grouper and asked that it be prepared plain with lemon juice. It arrived covered with a spicy paprika which ruined the flavor of the fish. My baked potato was very overdone. Also noted was the size of the plates and portions. The plates were downsized to small compared to the larger plates used in June and thus, the portions were no where near the amounts served in June. We both had the Greek salads with our entrees which were very good and fresh. Overall, very disappointed.

1  Thank HKC1010
Reviewed September 21, 2013

While there's no beach or water scene to enjoy while dining, the food is really good and plentiful. All their servings are large and more than enough to share. We started with Fried Dill Pickles, which were awesome. Thinly sliced dill pickles in a light, crispy batter, accompanied by a large bowl of ranch dipping sauce. The serving was large enough for 6 people to share. The Fried Grouper Sandwich was absolutely delightful - fresh and lightly battered and fried. Perfectly seasoned fries were just one of the many sides offered. The hushpuppies had a really nice surprise - corn! The Grilled Shrimp Platter was not only tasty, but was plated nicely. Not to be forgotten, they serve a wonderful Fish Taco platter. You might think 2 tacos wouldn't be enough, but wait until you see the size of these tacos!! More than enough food. You also might think all that fried food is too much grease, however, not true. Not one of our fried items tasted greasy or heavy. Apparently the chef at Goatfeathers has discovered the art of "lite" frying. An all-around pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent seafood Resturaunt on 30a. The seafood is very fresh and flavorful. The Resturaunt has been open for over 30 years, so with longevity it has to be consistently good to have survived the competition and this poor economy. I also had the bread pudding for desert which was very good.