“Good Lunch, Nice Variety”

Goatfeathers Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: No reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We went to Goatfeathers for a late lunch and thought it a decent value. Great variety for lunch so anyone can find something to eat whether a seafood eater or not. The fried scallops where good, although the batter fell off when cut. The lunch platters were a good value & lots of options for sides. I should have stuck with fries instead of trying the Cajun potatoes, but we'd go back if in Santa Rosa Beach again. Service was great.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

she was a young girl, just sat at the desk with her head down, ignored me until i got to the podium to be seated. then she was running around me, excuse me, excuse me. she seated me. that was it. she never smiled, never said welcome, never said enjoy your meal. they should have never hired her. my waiter was nice, energetic and enthusiastic. i thought the prices were high. i was afraid to order so i just got a sweet potatoe. it was luke warm. they must bake those in advance and them microwave them as needed. you know they calculate your tip on the ticket? maybe i should have gotten the shrimp downstairs like aaronsmom21. the restaurant, i didn't like at all. i won't go back. i talked to locals and they say they are not very good and they wouldn't recommend. they recommended Nick's and bayou bill's. i've seen bayou bills parking lot filled. i wondered about bayou bill's. anyway, by the way, there are 3 flights of steps and if you have bad knees . . . the elevator didn't work. the restrooms are downstairs also.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Fried pickles were salty, their fish tacos were bland small cheese burger. Terrible service and very expensive. Neither of us would go back!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We walked from our rental to Goatfeathers one day for lunch because the rental owner left it as a suggestion and we were so glad we did! Reasonable prices and fresh seafood downstairs and a sit down restaurant upstairs. We bought 3 pounds of shrimp and had it steamed with seasoning. It was so good that we went back the next day for a catfish sandwich upstairs. We have found a new favorite on 30A!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We always eat here while we are at Seagrove Beach. The food is consistently delicious and if you go for the 'early bird specials' reasonably priced. My husband had a dozen raw oysters and fried oysters; I had grilled shrimp. It was great! The atmosphere is quiet and you can actually have a conversation with other people in your party. The service was great and we will return in November.