“Good, but didn't live up to reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chanticleer Eatery

Chanticleer Eatery
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Cajun & Creole, Gastropub, Pub
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chanticleer Eatery is off the beaten path, but well worth the few extra minutes to find! We really put our heart into all that we do at Chanticleer. We make all that we can from scratch and that doesn't mean heat and serve! We bake all of our bread, slow smoke our pulled pork, hand-cut our juicy steaks, make our soups with lots of love and of course make our to die for cookies from scratch! We are really passionate about awesome eats, and get so disappointed when we eat food that isn't thoughtful. We hope you can taste the difference at Chanticleer and look forward to serving you, "food worth crowing about"!
Christiana, Tennessee
“Good, but didn't live up to reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I had a salad and spicy pulled pork sandwich. While both were good with large portions, we both agreed they were nothing memorable. Seemed lots of locals were coming in to eat lunch though. To sum it up, pricy, well presented food.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lindsay F

“Awesome eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were looking for something on the lite side tonite and discovered a gem. Many salads to choose from. My daughter and I each had one, the summer salad and chef salad. More than enough for dinner and very fresh. My husband had the jambalaya and loved it. I would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cheri T
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Down to earth and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's hard to go wrong here! The sandwiches are hearty and full of fresh ingredients. Our group's favorites were the pulled pork, chef's salad, and chicken salad. Two of us wanted to share two items and the staff were helpful in arranging this. Visited the bakery and enjoyed window shopping for freshly baked treats. We had an overall terrific lunch and experience in a place cute enough to be fun and casual enough to make visitors feel comfortable.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta
“Lunch or dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

After reading reviews from TA about Chanticleer, I had this on our list of where to eat, and we enjoyed our first night's dinner there. As you can see from the menu, it is a limited selection, but the food was delicious. I had the chicken and rice (so well seasoned!), and my husband had the pulled pork (also recommended by the waitress and very tender and delicious). We also enjoyed (shared!) a piece of German chocolate cake -- very good! This is a reasonably priced restaurant with fresh, delicious food.

Visited July 2014
Plano, Texas
“NOW OPEN FOR DINNER! Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Wow! This is currently ranked #1 on Trip Advisor for a reason... the food is amazing!

We took our four teens there last night and ordered a variety of entrees. The boys got burgers and loved them and the girls got the grilled chicken and I got the most amazing Shrimp and Grits I have ever had! I like to order Shrimp and Grits when I see them on menus in the south and these were the best I have ever had!

This place is easy to find and maybe a 5 minute drive from Seaside which is where we are staying. They have only been serving dinner for about 6 weeks so the dinner crowd is really light. At first I thought about whether or not to stay since there were only a few tables with people but we were there late (around 8 pm) and we were ready to eat. I am so glad we did!!!

One more note: The prices are very reasonable considering the area that it is in. Our bill was $100 before tip for 6 people which is great near Seaside!

We will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014