“Enjoyed the entire experience”
Review of JC Seafood House - CLOSED

JC Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
pa
“Enjoyed the entire experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hostess met us at the door and told us about the two meals for one price early bird special. We were hooked. Husband got the shrimp scampi and I got the seafood platter. They allowed us to substitute types of fish, potato etc... they were very accommodating. My grouper was so fresh. Just tasted great, as did my shrimp and scallops. Breading was lightly fried, not overdone. The side vegetables were very tasty as were the new potatoes. My fussy eater daughter loved her chicken fettucini. She remarked that the alfredo sauce was especially tasty and unusual. They allowed her to sub alfredo sauce for marinara sauce. The service was very attentive. Unfortunately, we had no room for dessert. We would definitely come back.

• Visited March 2013

Evanston, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Execellent seafood”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Not a fussy atmosphere, but fish was excellent. Our entrees were 2 for 1, making the meal inexpensive for the quality. The portions were not too big and I appreciate having vegetables as part of the meal. The desserts were good and not too big. I would return.

• Visited February 2013
Destin, Florida
“First time visit”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

There have been several restaurants in this location and this new restaurant had garnered some very good local reviews. I must say the food was good but not great. Found the prices to be a little high for the quality of the food. Limited number of seats and server had a lot of tables. She was very efficient but mentioned a couple times how busy she was. There are better and more reasonably priced restaurants in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“The right blend of simplicity and upmarket cuisine.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After reading their reviews and having been to a number of seafood restaurants in the area, I can say that I was very impressed with the quality of food that I ordered. The two-for-one menu dinner options are a great deal for those looking to save. The balsamic dressing is the BEST I have had in a restaurant and their beurre blanc was a bright touch with the grouper almandine. The side of vegetables were actually really good, when most vegetable sides are bland or unpalatable. The restaurant is a balance between the high-end touches at the "linen table" establishments in the area, along the simple family fair along 30A, in terms of menu items and the quality of preparation. I think those touches take the unassuming exterior and interior up a few notches to make this restaurant a pleasure to visit. They are super accommodating for those with a gluten-intolerance, which is really wonderful.

• Visited January 2013
“Unreasonable corkage fee”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Very disappointed! We have eaten there several times and had been told we were welcome to bring our own wine. We have never been charged a corkage fee, and there is no mention of it on the menu or anywhere in the restaurant. After our bill had been presented and payment offered, our server came to our table and informed us (with obvious embarrassment) that "management" had directed him to add a $10 corkage fee for the single bottle of wine which we had brought to the restaurant. I responded that we had never been informed of such a charge and had never beencharged a "corkage fee" there before; also that the fee seemed high for a single bottle of wine fir which they had provided no service. The server informed his proprietor, but the fee was charged anyway. I, of course, paid the fee but protested that we had been given no notice of the change in their policy and that we had been their customers often over the past few months. My objections are (1) that the charge was imposed with no notice after numerous visits to the restaurant, and (2) that the $10 charge is unreasonably high for a single bottle of wine with no service requested or provided by the restaurant. While the food and service at this restaurant had previously been quite satisfactory, I must say that we will not be returning because of what seemed to us a breach of ethical business practices.

2 Thank Samfrobinson2