“The right blend of simplicity and upmarket cuisine.”
Review of JC Seafood House - CLOSED

JC Seafood House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After reading their reviews and having been to a number of seafood restaurants in the area, I can say that I was very impressed with the quality of food that I ordered. The two-for-one menu dinner options are a great deal for those looking to save. The balsamic dressing is the BEST I have had in a restaurant and their beurre blanc was a bright touch with the grouper almandine. The side of vegetables were actually really good, when most vegetable sides are bland or unpalatable. The restaurant is a balance between the high-end touches at the "linen table" establishments in the area, along the simple family fair along 30A, in terms of menu items and the quality of preparation. I think those touches take the unassuming exterior and interior up a few notches to make this restaurant a pleasure to visit. They are super accommodating for those with a gluten-intolerance, which is really wonderful.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Very disappointed! We have eaten there several times and had been told we were welcome to bring our own wine. We have never been charged a corkage fee, and there is no mention of it on the menu or anywhere in the restaurant. After our bill had been presented and payment offered, our server came to our table and informed us (with obvious embarrassment) that "management" had directed him to add a $10 corkage fee for the single bottle of wine which we had brought to the restaurant. I responded that we had never been informed of such a charge and had never beencharged a "corkage fee" there before; also that the fee seemed high for a single bottle of wine fir which they had provided no service. The server informed his proprietor, but the fee was charged anyway. I, of course, paid the fee but protested that we had been given no notice of the change in their policy and that we had been their customers often over the past few months. My objections are (1) that the charge was imposed with no notice after numerous visits to the restaurant, and (2) that the $10 charge is unreasonably high for a single bottle of wine with no service requested or provided by the restaurant. While the food and service at this restaurant had previously been quite satisfactory, I must say that we will not be returning because of what seemed to us a breach of ethical business practices.

2  Thank Samfrobinson2
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Very good good + excellent value. We had the "Early Bird Special" (4:30 - 6:30 p.m.); 1 cup soup, plentiful seafood platter & soft-shelled crab, 2 very good salads & vegetables, bottle pinot grigio wine, split key lime pie, for under $54, plus tax & tip. The twofer menu has a very good selection, including a 10-oz ribeye steak, fried shrimp, several fresh fish dishes, etc. The food was very good & service was excellent! Will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Fresh, well prepared, seasoned just right, if you'd have gluten issues they will fry in corn meal and it is awesome, not Celiac proof...

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We ate outside with the rest of the crowd when we went. For the most part the service was good. People in my party, kids included, went with some of the fried options which were rather greasy. I ordered the JC grouper, which was good, but I ordered it grilled and it came out pan fried.