“Fine dining”
Review of Christiano's

Christiano's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Christiano's is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant serving delicious pastas, fresh seafood, steaks and pizza. Our staff strives to provide each guest with a great dining experience which includes great food and excellent service.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had an excellent meal and dining experience at Christiano's. It was half price pizza night (Wed.) so the place was busy. The bisque gumbo that night is one the best I have ever ordered. All of the appi's were excellent and the main's were well prepared and good sized portions. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and even brought out a spice mix to kick up my wife's pasta dish.

2  Thank MantaTim

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Why does this always happen? Three years ago I had a fine meal here but I was sadly disappointed on my last visit. They seem to be well liked and stay relatively busy but I predict their downfall if they dont get their act together. Lets take the Zuchinni Ernesto for example. Three years ago the thinly sliced zuch ribbons were lightly coated and fried till crisp and served piping hot. This time--soggy, undercooked--they were nothing like my previous visit. The red sauce is boring and quite frankly tastes like it came out of a can. The meatballs seemed boiled and the tortellini was a factory product, though I liked the spinach added to the oversalted white sauce. The menu needs a bit of an update too, as selections are boring. Atmosphere? I feel like I am in jersey, but thats not a bad thing necessarily. I didnt try their pizza but I heard a take out customer complain that while he was early, his pie was cold. It happens every time....why does a good restaurant always go downhill?

Reviewed February 19, 2013

On my birthday I wanted to go to an Italian restaurant so we drove to one that we had been to before only to discover it was closed for the evening. I remembered driving past Christiano's earlier and decided to try it. That was a great decision. My wife and I both loved the atmpsphere, the service and the food. I got lasagna. It was as good as any I have ever had. My wife ordered Chicken parmasian. She said it was wonderful. The dining area is divided into small rooms that give you a feeling of private dining. Best of all is the reasonable prices. You can't beat great food at a great price. We plan to return on every trip to Destin.

Be sure to save room ( or take home) a piece of carrott cake. It is exceptional.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

If Chris, the chef, has made Zuppa Squisito when you are there, be sure to have it! It is similar to a fresh seafood bisque, but is by far the best one I have ever had. Everything was fantastic. The service by Mike was excellent. Somehow this restaurant manages to bustle and still be both homey and intimate. Our new favorite. Don't miss it.

2  Thank FionaKatz
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I go to Christiano's at least once a week. All of their food is delicious and they have a great wine selection. I love the Italian selections but the rack of lamb and the whole snapper are my husband's absolute favorites!

2  Thank Christine S