“Good Italian food”
Review of Christiano's

Christiano's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Christiano's is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant serving delicious pastas, fresh seafood, steaks and pizza. Our staff strives to provide each guest with a great dining experience which includes great food and excellent service.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went to Christiano's on the recommendation of Trip Advisor and it being rated #1 in the area. I am an Italian citizen and lived in the Northeast for 45 years.. The place is what you see in the Northeast.. Strip mall with all the Italian Cliche type of feel inside. The chef is Calabrese I believe and definitely has an understanding of Italian food (Americanized as it may be).. And it should be when selling to locals in FL who don't understand "real" Italian food. My wife got the Lamb and she loved it..(So good call on her part).. I never ever order red (gravy/sauce) out or even more specifically Lasagne out but since he was Italian and it was so highly recommended decided to. When looking at it coming out to others it looked like i was going to hit a home run..Rated high, looked good, Italian,etc.. BUT it was not to be... The Lasagne was actually cooked very good and had all the right ingredients and substance BUT the sauce is thin, unflavorful and took away from the dish. The meatballs also looked very promising, could see the breading,texture,etc.. But they were not very good either.. If being from the southern part of italy I may have been better off trying more southern dishes.. such as a pasta with seafood or clams..vegetable and pork too are great southern Italian fare..I would definitely go back but need to try some other things on the menu..I believe there is a reason for all the rave reviews and my wife who is full Italian and Sicilian like her dish.. I think I just chose the wrong dishes.. The wait stuff was great and gracious...The cost was also very good.

2  Thank Anthony C

Reviewed October 4, 2012

What you imagine as an authentic Italian restaurant. Live music, server was the most attentive of anywhere in the Destin area, making us feel like a royal. The bread is fresh, buttery parmesan that just enticed us for more. It was half price pizza night, allowing the kids to splurge for multiple pizza (they raved about them). I had the Roman chicken with a cream sauce that wasn't too heavy or over done like Italian back home. Wife had linguini marinara that she most enjoyed. This is not olive garden, so prices are double, but the atmosphere and service just cannot be beat if you are looking for something special. Not a large, loud place by any means. We will definitely be back, bringing an appetite. Magnifico!

2  Thank FlyingJimbo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We love Christiano's. We make a point of going every time we visit the area. The food is consistently good and the service friendly and efficient with the staff knowledgeable about the menu and food preparation. Although I recommend the Grouper Elizabeth, I've never been disappointed with anything I've ordered. Our son is in a wheelchair and they have always been more than accommodating to our needs.

1  Thank 303Janine
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just left and am still wanting more!! Soup, grouper, veal porterhouse, and cannoli were all perfect. Absolutely worth every penny. Service can't be beat anywhere. We always stop in when visiting from Mississippi.

1  Thank MrsLionfish
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our appetizer was delicious- Bada Bing Shrimp. Plenty of bread and Olive oil. Entree were OK. Very attentive service. Facility could use a little upgrading.
Clams in white sauce was more like an Alfredo sauce as opposed to Olive Oil and garlic.