“Great waiter / excellent food.”
Review of Louis Louis

Louis Louis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: LouisLouis is the sister restaurant of the famous and iconic Red Bar. It is very similar in style, and cuisine, but has it's own charm, and uniqueness about it. LouisLouis is casual dining, but with great service, and fantastic food options. Our menu is not very large, but our portions are. We only use the best, and freshest ingredients. If you are in the Santa Rosa Beach/Destin/Panama City Beach area, please come and dine with us. You won't be disappointed!
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I were in Destin for the first time to look for some property. The Louis Louis restaurant was a few miles down the road from our hotel so we decided to give it a try. We got there early (Happy Hour) and were seated immediately. Dress is very casual (for both the customers and the staff). The entree menu is limited to about 7 items on a chalkboard. The waiter brings the chalkboard to the table and discusses each item with you. My wife ordered a penne pasta dish with shrimp, scallops, and a tomato base. I odered the grouper plate. Whe the food was brought out, my wife decided that she did not care for the shrimp in her dish. She and I traded meals. When our waiter came back to check on us, he noticed that we had switched meals. He was very insistent that he could easily replace her meal, but we told him all was well. I really liked the pasta dish and my wife loved the grouper. Regardless, he really wanted to bring her a new dish. We finally convince him that all was well. The quantities of food were large and we could have easily split a meal (which I believe that they do for $4). My wife loves bread pudding so we decided to get an order to go. After paying the bill (NO credit cards - cash or check only), we left the restaurant. As we were getting into our car, the waiter ran out to the car with my wife's glasses. Great service. We were very happy with the food and the service. In our opinion, the prices were in line with the quality of the food which was excellent.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Blackened grouper the best I have ever tasted, so were the crab cakes, so was everything else. Cool, cluttered decor. Totally involved, friendly owners/managers. These guys are hands on, know their customers, know their food. Highly recommend planning your trip around this superb restaurant.m

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Louis Louis is one of our all time favorite places to eat! The food is always on point and the staff is super friendly. I recommend to all my friends!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

There was nothing we did not love.

We arrived before our friends so ordered a cab and a chardonnay to enjoy by the fire pit. Only charged $6.00 so we must have hit the end of happy hour. It was still early in the dinner hour and the manager (or maybe the owner, not sure) came out to the courtyard to visit with us.

My crab cakes and my husband's blackened grouper were both wonderful. We all shared fried green beans for an appetizer (yum, who knew?) and the bread pudding for desert. Everything was perfect.
My friend convinced me to try the cucumber basil martini, which does not even sound good, but it was off the charts wonderful, fresh, crisp, clean tasting... but had I known that was coming up I would have skipped the chardonnay it was a little too much for me.

The menu is just a few items on a chalkboard... One crab, two fish, a chicken, a pasta and the special of the day was roast pork tenderloin. There is something for everyone but if you are the person who needs lots of choice, then Louis Louis is not for you. The crab-cakes were $24.00, i think the chicken entree was $17.00. You could get these entrees for a few dollars less elsewhere but you would be missing out on the wonderful eclectic charm and the amazing service and the beautiful courtyard. Everything about Louis Louis makes you feel good.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

north of 30A, but right on 98... so close enough to be part of the area.. This is our go to place. The menu is limited, but all of it is good... they have fantastic gumbo, the blackened grouper is great with the grit cakes and spinach. the crab cakes are to die for... Sister restaurant to Red Bar, but Louis Louis has crab cakes every day! wonderful area outside to wait for table, even in winter, there is a fire pit to sit by. Full bar, but also family frendly