“One of the best!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had crab cakes and fried green tomatoes at the Great Southern during our vacation this year. It was a fabulous meal! Their Key Lime pie is the best we have had. The gracious, attentive server and the outdoor seating just made the experience better

Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We found Great Southern by accident on July 3rd and it did not disappoint. From the moment we walked into the restaurant, the service was first class and friendly. The menu had some pretty interesting options, so I asked the waiter for his recommendation. He recommended the house specialty called "Grits a Ya Ya" and when I looked at him with uncertainty (I'm not a big grits fan) he said "Let me go get you a sample." He promptly brought back a sample, and it was amazing.

Everyone in our party of eight (including the kids who ordered kids meals) received very nice portions of incredible food. Honestly this was one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant, and we've eaten at some very nice places.

As an added bonus, when I ordered my Pina Colada, the waiter informed me that it was fifteen minutes until happy hour, so he would honor the 1/2 price special. :) That move, combined with the excellent service overall, earned him a better tip

This restaurant is a must if you are in the area...it will not disappoint!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We always eat at Great Southern on our visits to Seaside and it never disappoints. They have a great happy hour and the Grits A Ya Ya are a must. The service is always great and the atmosphere is always fun. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The food and service is very good here. I had the veggie frittata and it was very good. They have indoor and outdoor seating and they have lots of good choices on the menu.

1  Thank gloria s
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We dined here two nights during our stay in Seaside and it was awesome! One night the wait was over an hour but it was worth it and since we were in Seaside we enjoyed waiting and walking around the amphitheater during a live concert.

I had the bacon wrapped Filet Mignon and it was tender and flavorful. The green beans were great too.

This restaurant serves great food and has a good variety so it is good for large parties. Expect to pay a bit more since you are in Seaside. Trip Advisor has the menu link so you can look at the prices in advance.

Enjoy!