Tripadvisor
Santa Rosa Beach

“Awesome find. Cool eclectic”

Hurricane Oyster Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Awesome find. Cool eclectic beach restaurant and bar. Went for HAPPY HOUR. great beer and drink prices for happy hour. Great beer selection. Not a huge HH food selection but plenty. Leslie was our server and she was very friendly perky and made us feel very welcome. I had heard about the blackened lobster tacos. VERY GOOD. Hubby had the southern fried seafood platter with fried oysters and fried shrimp. Also very good. We will be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (506)

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Our GO TO place! All the food is always great and service too. Stopped by twice during our stay. First was for our normal orders....hubby fried shrimp and my shrimp tacos. Nothing I thought could be better.....until our lunch before heading home. I guess I never noticed the smoked tuna plate on the menu. A scoop of their fabulous tuna dip with mixed greens and grilled veggies... OMG, it was to die for! Hubby had his standard fried shrimp but commented that they were the best he’d had in 9 days! Btw, we are campers and HOB is great again for last meal before heading home since that the lot across the street is again a public parking area.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 27, 2019

We picked HOB for easy access and was the last stop before my sons family left to return home to Texas. They brought out the kids food first (which we liked) so they could start early. There food was popcorn shrimp and fries. They are 2 year old girls. Our grandson had the fried fish and fries. We did nibble on their food while awaiting our food. Our food came out quickly and we had an enjoyable lunch. My sons family left to go back and we came back to our local home. Early in the evening we got a call from them that the girls were vomiting in the car. Not a pleasant experience. When they stopped for the night, they continued vomiting. After we ( the grandparents) went to bed my wife started vomiting. I followed soon thereafter. Again, not a good experience. Our common denominator was the lunch. Even further was the fries and popcorn shrimp. Five of the seven in our party ended up getting sick.It will be some time before we return to Hurricane Oyster Bar.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 24, 2019

Hungry for lunch ,my wife and I tried the hurricane orster bar. She had blacken grouper tacos and I had their taco trio of fish, shrimp, steak blackened. We are foodies , these were great. Small check or cash restaurant, good service. Good prices

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 18, 2019

Such a fun place with the nicest people- staff and customers! Food is really good and bartender Devin is amazing! Surprisingly, the Oyster Nachos are quite delish! Don’t miss it if you’ve never been. I kind of hate putting the word out because I want a seat!

Date of visit: October 2019