“Vacation Meals”

Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar
Description: SHUNK GULLEY OYSTER BAR is an exciting restaurant on 30A. Named after the legendary fishing reef off our coast, Shunk Gulley offers classic coastal cuisine and genuine southern hospitality. There is live music daily located inside the panoramic bar area, featuring views of the sugar white sand beach. Come enjoy the beautiful views, delicious food, unique cocktails and warm smiles. We are open from 11am to 10 pm each day. View our menu online and come see why everyone is raving about Shunk Gulley.
Reviewed August 12, 2018

When in Santa Rosa, FL go ahead and make a visit to Shunk Gulley. Bring the whole family as well. Fresh oysters and fish dishes are the go to. So good we visited 4 times during our stay. The kids meals are very good as well. With the mac and cheese being my daughter's favorite. Salads and appetizers are great options with a great view of the gulf. Do not forget the beach beverages and the live entertainment to top it off.

1  Thank Bill G

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Oh My, what a view!!! We sat upstairs with a view of the ocean. Open air bar and high top table set ups. Live ambient guitar music - at least on Saturday night at 5:30pm. Happy hour until 6pm. $5 margarita and $2 beer were a hit with our table. Fried oysters were incredible! I was so excited to try the Lemon Herb oysters, but they didn’t have much flavor and some were really small in size. And the bacon, jalapeño oysters were too spicy to eat.
I’ll be back for the view and to try other menu items. Loved the laid back atmosphere of the area. Worth trying again!

1  Thank luvplayacar
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner on a Wednesday night... The guitarist playing was awesome the breeze and ocean view we're great... We we're sat right beside the hostess stand on the 2nd floor... It took at least 10/15 minutes for our waitress to greet us but she did bring waters for us... My watermelon margarita was the best I've ever had! I was never asked if I would like a 2nd one... Our waitress barely came back to our table... They were short staffed or so it seemed... She had a lot of tables around us and some on the other side of the restaurant... Our ketchup bottle was completely empty I had to ask the hostess for more ketchup.. the food was decent... I had the fried shrimp... It was nothing special just your typical overpriced fried shrimp at the beach... My husband absolutely loved his fresh batch of the day... The kids meal was $8 for a corn dog and a tiny cup of Mac n cheese... Our daughter got tired and we needed to leave... But the waitress took 15 more minutes to bring us our check... I would come back and just have drinks at the bar but wouldn't eat here again...

Reviewed August 7, 2018

The food and atmosphere is amazing. Ate there twice during our 4 night stay. Very family friendly. Great gift shop downstairs.

1  Thank cdbuce
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This place looked great and had good reviews, so we tried it. The hostess was amiable and we were seated quickly. Our waiter took our order: a dozen oysters to share as an appetizer, 2 daily specials and as an entree a salad and crab claws (officially an appetizer). When the oysters arrived, our waiter said he had asked for the claws to be served at the same time. I told him we wanted them with our entrees. He apologized and said: basically everything will just arrived when it is ready". The oysters were quite nice, but the server just kind of tossed the platter on the table, while we were trying to clear a space. We were half finished the oysters, when the claws arrived. Before my son had finished the claws, tje salad and ONE special arrived. Our waiter apologized again, saying he though we had wanted it to share. When the second special came out, I requested a few slices of bread to go with it. The bread never arrived. Thankfully the kitchen seem to know what they are doing, the grouper was great, as were the claws and succotash, but this waiter was a disaster.