“Rocky start, but went well afterwards....”
Review of Fire - CLOSED

Fire
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 393
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Rocky start, but went well afterwards....”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It seems every time we go to FIRE for Sunday Brunch, we are greeted less enthusiastically than expected. We are always asked if we had reservations and always say no. Then the hostess looks around for a few minutes, viewing all of the empty tables, and then asks us if we want to sit at a bar table. Why all of the charades? Plenty of room there, make us feel as if we were wanted!

Once we got past the less than enthusiastic reception, everything went well. The wait staff was attentive and the food is just plain delicious with incredible flavors throughout. I like this retaurant and the location is perfect since we are locals and can walk to this area. We would visit it much more often if we received a more friendly greeting. It seems as though those types of niceties should come naturally and are the easiest for restauranteurs.

• Visited September 2012

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Hangin on Why?”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you visit here you will go here...ONCE....If you live here...chances are...you will go here......ONCE. The portions are wrong in both directions...some to small some to big....and the pricing simply makes no sense. THE BAR is GOOD

Visited June 2012
Mario M, General Manager at Fire, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I'm sorry that your experience to our establishment was not to your expectations. I would like to hear about it in more detail. You can either reach me a the restaurant at (850)2679020 or email me at mario@restaurantfire.com. Please allow me the opportunity to rectify our short comings.
Seacrest Beach, Florida
“Great NewBreakfast Menu”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Fire is now serving Ala Carte breakfast. Just what 30A needs. We ate breakfast there the first week they started serving it and it was really good. The applewood smoked bacon was great, grits as creamy as they could possibly get. The homemade sausage was very tasty, just wish they would make the large patty into two small ones. Then there were the pancakes. Don't let the cost of $1, yes one buck, surprise you. These very large cream cheese pancakes were great. Yes, I have a smaller appetitie, but one could easily been enough. The Owner/Chef is from New Orleans and the all the food has that flair. A truly wonderful addition to the breakfast options in South Walton. Actually the best breakfast on 30A.

Visited August 2012
Andalusia, AL
“Snapper was a bit dry. Wished I had chosen differently.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Last summer Fire was the best meal of the summer. This summer it wasn't as good. I'm not saying it was bad it was just a hint down from our last experience. Rod and I love snapper and this time it was cornmeal encrusted. It was a bit dry! ) : I'm not saying don't go because the service is amazing and the experience can b wonderful. Just a bit of a warning.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great discovery!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

On a Monday night in Sandestin area we decided to visit a restaurant at Gulf Place that had been reccomened by friends. It turned out to be closed on Mondays. Fire was nearby so we decided to try it. It tuned out to be the best restaurant we've found in the Sandestin/Santa Rosa Beach area. We dicovered great cocktails and extaordinary food in a sophisticated but casual atmosphere. The Chef's special fish that night was Amberjack which turned out to be the best fresh fish dish I've ever eaten. The BBQ shrimp my wife ordered was equally delicious. We retuned again a few days later and tried the scallops and airline chicken dishes. Every dish was superb. All dishes feature fresh seasonal ingredients, so the menu changes, but it's hard to imagine this restaurant serving a mediocre meal. Don't miss fire at Gulf Place if you visit this area.