“New owners, new chef, new menu..smh”

Old Florida Fish House & Bar
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Old Florida Fish House, located in the heart of Seagrove Beach, Florida. First opening its doors in the summer of 2005, the Fish House is a family friendly restaurant that features daily seafood specials prepared by our executive chef, Paul Richards and some of the best sushi available on the Emerald Coast. A casual atmosphere, along with lakefront dining, is sure to provide you and your family with the perfect celebratory experience. Dinner and sushi start at 5 PM and no reservations are required or observed. We would also like to invite you to visit us at the Porch serving lunch daily. The newest addition to the Old Florida Fish House, the Porch is a beautiful full service bar built on a screened in porch right along Eastern Lake. The bar and tables are made from sinker cypress wood and offers guests a gorgeous view in a relaxed setting with plenty of big screen high definition televisions to watch the big game. The Porch is open every day of the week for lunch and dinner, starting at 11am. Old Florida Fish House is considered a hidden gem on 30A and graciously takes the crown as a favorite local's hot spot. With seating in the hundreds, celebrations are encouraged. Proudly featuring local live music and happy hour, Old Florida Fish House is a hidden gem and one you don't want to miss when you come visit South Walton! We look forward to having you soon!
Panama City Beach, Florida
“New owners, new chef, new menu..smh”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We've been coming to OFFH for years. Love the summers when the band plays, the atmosphere and food has been great. I have a signature dish that I get, the lobster pasta, was excellent. Both my husband get the same thing EVERYTIME. Well, this is our 1st time back for the season and I realized the menu looks completely different and NO pasta dishes at all. Come to find out they have new owners, they just hire a new executive chef and they want to try a more "upscale" menu?? I decided on the grilled chicken and tropical salsa and the side vegetable was sauted spinach and my husband got the fried shrimp with side being cheese grits. First off, I want to say the service was not bad. My bad experience was only with the food. My 2 chicken breast came out grilled, overcooked (dry), and burnt. I could barely cut it with my "butterknife". The tropical salsa was bland and offer nothing complementary to the chicken. The spinach was overly salted and nonedible. They did recook my meal, but it took a good 15 minutes, I was getting a little irritated. My husband eats a lot of fried shrimp so he knows good fried shrimp and this was not good. The breading would not stay on and it was not flavorful. His cheese grits looked like plop of mashed potatoes. I didn't realize he had gotten cheese grits. They usually are creamy. He did complain to the manager who did refund his meal (but not mine though). At that point, I felt like our whole dining experience at OFFH has been ruined. I'm sorry to say, I will have to mark this off our list of restaurants until I hear things have changed. I won't pay over $100 to not enjoy my evening.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank lisashirley

Columbus, Ohio
“Great Experience”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We own a second home in Rosemary Beach and have been visiting the area for the last 5 years. We heard about new ownership at the Old Florida Fish House and we decided to visit for the first time. It's a great location overlooking Eastern Lake with ample parking. The restaurant/bar is very large unlike most of the restaurants in Rosemary/Seaside. We were seated at a window table looking west with a great view. The food was excellent! It far exceeded our expectations. They offered a varied menu selection with ample wines at very good prices. After dinner we spent some time in the bar which featured a live local band. It was a fun evening and we will definitely be back on a regular basis.

Visited May 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Exceeded Expectations!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I met another couple there because of the in-between proximity of Seaside and Rosemary Beach. Honestly it had been a while since our last visit but remembered the fresh seafood with sushi options they offered. It was a very busy Friday night but only had to wait 5 minutes or so for a great window seat overlooking the lake. Our server was very attentive and recommended the fish house grouper, crab cakes, and her favorite sushi rolls. She also told us of the new ownership and upcoming changes to the menu and building in the next few months which sounded exciting! Food and drinks were fantastic and then we moved to the bar area where the house band was playing great dance music. All-around a great experience, I highly recommend!

• Visited April 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Last night of vacation splurge”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We went for an adults only dinner as a splurge on the last night of our beach vacation. The regular menu seemed standard for a gulf coast seafood restaurant, but the sushi menu was what sealed the deal as we made our decision to dine there. It was the best of both wolfs with two menus to choose from! The wait for a table was minimal, maybe about twenty minutes - not bad. The live entertainment made the wait feel a lot shorter.

When the waitress came to take our order, I inquired about the sushi menu, which had not been offered to is as we were seated. The lady said that they might not be "allowing sushi on the floor" given the back up of orders at the sushi bar - not a good start of me. She then came back and said that I could order sushi, but that there was not telling how long we'd wait for the sushi. We couldn't imagine that it'd take *that* long, right?! So the rest of the folks at the table agreed that they could all bare with a little longer of a wait, and so two of us ordered two rolls each and the rest ordered from the seafood menu. The lady said she'd hold the regular orders until the sushi came out... Hold it, she did. The sushi came out exactly an hour later. The rest of the table's food about half an hour after that. The sushi were just average, but the other dishes were just so so. There was little flavor and even less seasoning - not even salt. The crab cake platter consisted of basic, bland Cisco crab cakes atop linguine with butter and six capers. No sauces, remoulade, or other traditional accompaniments for pasta or crab cakes. Given the price of all the food, the quality should have been greater than it was.

If your restaurant has killer, highly reputable sushi menu, don't limit the ordering to your chefs' ability to prepare; instead invest in more sushi chefs. Likewise a table should not be limited to ordering from one menu if you have such teeny, limited seating in the sushi area. I can fully appreciate when a restaurant runs out of a daily special, but I can't tolerate limiting a menu because of "back up" in the kitchen / prep bar. That's unacceptable!

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Anniversary tradition”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Heard about new ownership of the restaurant. Excellent atmosphere,
Fine dinning experience. Awesome view. Can't say enough about the food and just over all evening. Waitress was very friendly and helpful. Sold us on two deserts to go.... Definitely be coming back again!!

Lester Harrison