My wife and I booked this condo and this trip to Sanibel to celebrate our 20th anniversary, our first trip without kids in over 16 years. Needless to say, we were hoping for the best after booking this condo and reading positive reviews. So how was our experience? Fantastic and even better than we expected! Key points:
1) The condo was really great for what we were wanting. The layout was great, plenty of space, with a very nice screened-in lanai looking out to the gulf!
2) the proximity to the water is fantastic. Within 2 minutes, you can either be on the beach or in the pool if you want.
3) The owner was very pleasant to work with. MaryEllen was a great communicator and we really felt like she wanted to do everything possible to enable us to fully enjoy the stay. We texted about everything very efficiently. It helped me feel at ease to be in good contact with the owner, in the event there was a problem (which there was not).
4) We never felt like the beach was crowded. Even at it's busiest times, there was plenty of space for folks to spread out.
5) It was nice to have access to the storage room down in the covered parking area. We were able to utilize beach chairs and an umbrella. Both of which came in handy.
6) The island/area itself is fantastic. Resort was quiet, no high rise hotels/condos so we never felt like there were large crowds. We rented bikes for the week and thoroughly enjoyed riding all around the many bike paths.
Bottom line: If you are looking for a quiet, well maintained and updated condo close to the water, with a helpful & pleasant owner. This is the one for you!
Comfortable rooms, fully equipped kitchen, cable tv, wifi, washer and dryer. Really a fully equipped apartment. Beautiful pool is just downstairs. Excellent restaurants close by. Beautiful beach adjacent to the property, and beach chairs furnished in the apt. storage room in the parking garage. Sanibel is a great place for a vacation. And this apt. in the Island Beach Club is the perfect place to stay. The owner responds quickly to questions and problems. She couldn't be better, Thank you Maryellen for letting us stay in your condo,.
We ate out a lot but the propane BBQ was also great and local fresh swordfish was easy to cook there.
The pool was large enough to cater for many but not many people took advantage so we generally after 4pm had the pool to ourselves.
The bicycle lanes go on for ever and we could reach the refuge close by and look at the wonderful birds there as we cycled through.
The beach is a short walk and gave us some variety to our schedule
We really enjoyed this rental. The location is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the beach and very close to stores and restaurants. We enjoyed it immensely and Maryellen is one of the nicest owners you will have the pleasure of ever working with. We would definitely stay here again.
I stayed here with my wife and two children (ages 18 and 21) and this condo was an ideal arrangement - spacious; well-outfitted with everything that you need; beautiful gulf view from the patio/living room; quiet; close to the beach; and in a very prime location on Sanibel. The condo is not luxurious but it is very comfortable - especially for a family of four.
Also, the owners (Hurley's) are super nice people who are very attentive to resolving any issues if they arise. We had two very minor hiccups (wifi password was missing and the lanai doors were closed) and they were on top of things and got it resolved very quickly. So you are renting from folks who really care and want you to have a great experience.
It was our first time in Sanibel and I'd like to go back again soon - it's a special place. And I would rent this condo again in a heartbeat.
The unit was bigger than I expected, clean and bright. Plenty of room for the three of us to spread out--read a book in one room and watch TV in the other. There was a walk-in closet to store suitcases, a washer & dryer too. The owners responded to a question I emailed them by the next morning, which was good (it wasn't an emergency).
The unit is about 2/3 towards the back of the property, but there's an unobstructed view of the water. The beach the property abuts to is gorgeous and there's a sandbar out a little ways making the shallow water quiet and swimmable for kids. We had a great stay!
Wow! This place was fantastic. Quiet, comfortable, full of unexpected amities, i.e.Keurig coffee machine, pots, pans, dishes, just had to show up and everything was there. Fantastic ocean view and wonderful shoreline, full of sea shells. Most memorable was the sea turtle nests all along the beach. It was clean, easy access to anything we needed. Local restaurants had great food, we wanted for nothing. The unit was fully furnished, with a seaside boutique. Two (2) couples, more than enough room. Thank you everyone from Island Resort Club, especially our 3rd floor unit that had a fantastic view with a spacious and well furnished lanai. Truly a fantastic weekend. We'll see you next year.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|