“Second time is twice as nice.”

Ocean's Reach Condominiums
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Second time is twice as nice.”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was my second trip to Ocean's Reach and my experience was just as good, if not better, than before. On my first trip I came solo for R&R and to do a little work from the beach. This year was purely a vacation so I brought my girlfriend to share the experience. We certainly took advantage of the few steps it took to get to the beach as we spent most of our daytimes relaxing in the sun and surf. The sunsets are always beautiful on Sanibel and make for the perfect hand-in-hand evening stroll along the waters edge. With the property being just a stones throw away from some of the best restaurants on the island we finished most nights sampling as much of the island cuisine as possible and were never disappointed. It was a pleasure to see the friendly staff again as they make me feel like family. I'm sure I'll be back to the island again and I'm sure I'll be calling on Ocean's Reach as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rjratliff

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Ocean's Reach. Our unit was very attractive and clean, very roomy and comfortable for 6 people. We had the most gorgeous view you could imagine. The beach and the pool were just steps away. There are many units in the complex, however it was very quiet and private. The office staff went out of their way to make everything perfect for us

Room Tip: Sitting on the patio of the ocean front is best
1 Thank Cheerio84
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The amenities and the people couldn't be better at Ocean's Reach. It was a great place for six gals from high school to spend a week - 50 years later. The condos are so well equipped, the pool is beautiful, and the Gulf of Mexico is literally at your doorstep.

Room Tip: All condos one and two bedroom are waterfront.
2 Thank pfsheller
Sanibel, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Ocean's Reach offers so much to their guests.
A wonderful staff, Andy, Dru and Charlie. They provide all the information you need while on Sanibel Island. Very friendly and helpful.
The condos are right on the beach !! All equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay.
The grounds are just beautiful.
You can even BQ outside in their grilling area.
We will come back again and again and again.

Room Tip: Every condo is facing the beach/gulf.
2 Thank cookie222
Sudbury,Ontario
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Just got back from Sanibel and my week stay at Oceans Reach and as usual... it felt like coming home after driving up Camino del Mar.
We have been coming to Oceans Reach for years now.....and the only time we have not stayed here was when it was closed due to Hurricane Charley's damage a few years ago. We have stayed in 1 and 2 bedroom condos and really have no big complaints about either! How could you when you wake up each day and look out at the beautiful beach and ocean awaiting you. And when I say look out at it...it is because it is RIGHT outside the lanai!
The condo we stayed in this year was good..it had all we could want for grilling and staying in to eat. I probably would try a different unit next time just because it really wasn't decorated to my personal tastes, but it was comfy and clean!
The staff in the office were once again so friendly and helpful that I think they help in the decisions peaople make to return each year.
The parking is covered and the "grotto" ...aka...the BBQ area is lovely and you have a perfect view of the Osprey nest practially right above your head!
My only advice for future travellers is to look online at the pictures of each unit before you book so you can see what the unit you are renting looks like before you commit too it. The decor in each unit varies greatly , so it is best to pick the one that suits you and your family!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Ocean's Reach is amazing! It truly is just steps from the beach. All condos have a view of the ocean. The pool is on the beach too. I loved the landscaping around the resort. it's beautiful. Each condo has a screened-in porch. I loved sitting there at night listening to the ocean. You can rent bikes at the resort and umbrellas for the beach. I definitely recommend renting bikes. It is a great way to see the island. We took my 1 year old son with us. He had a great time. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 22, 2011

It's taken me so long to write this review because there are just so many good things to say about Ocean's Reach. I'll begin with their website and blog. We had never been to Florida or Sanibel before, but knew that we wanted to stay as close to the Gulf as possible. Their website and blog brought us right there! Videos, photos galore, and photos/articles on their blog showed us what we were in for. The condo had been recently remodeled and was immaculate. Perfect for my husband and I to relax or enjoy our meals on the screened lanai (what they call a balcony), sleep like babes in the *quiet* bedroom, and grill our own dinner on the patio in the garden behind the buildings. The beach was gorgeous! I never saw so many shells! We came for the peace of the gulf waves, the wildlife and the sunsets, and that's exactly what we got. What a perfect getaway from subzero temperatures and record snow levels! We plan to go back. Thank you, Ocean's Reach!

Room Tip: Go on their extensive website and really study it.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank snokat
oceansreach, Owner at Ocean's Reach Condominiums, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
We thank you for being our guest and sharing your wonderful feedback. We're so glad you found us and discovered so many things to enjoy. All our guests need a peaceful and quiet vacation on the beach and that is what we strive for. Please come back and enjoy more of everything Ocean's Reach on Sanibel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back!