“Anniversary dinner”

Sweet Melissa's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Melissa's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Casa Ybel
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited this past Monday for my parents wedding anniversary and had a wonderful meal. The food and servers were great, and cocktails were perfect. The only thing I didn't care for was my appetizer, which was a lobster and shrimp tamale- it was too heavy of a starter for me. Lovely evening, will return on my next trip.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Best dinner in sanibel”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was our best dinner on sanibel. First, the service by Helen was attentive and excellent. The small plate of heirloom tomato salad with housemade herbed ricotta was spectacularly good. We kept tslking about it the rest of the trip. It sounds simple, but it was stellar. We also shared the lobster and shrimp tamale, which was very good, especially the sauce. My grouper was perfectly cooked, and the accompaniments were interesting and savory. My mother's fish stew was different than others she tried-- and better. She loved the sauce and there was plenty of fish. The bread too was excellent. I especially like that they offer two sizes of entrees, a 4oz portion or 8oz. 4oz is really enough if you have a small plate or two to share. We didn't have room for dessert. Bill was $135 inccluding 2 cocktails and 2 very generously poured glasses of wine.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Disappointed:(”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Unable to give an actual review on the food because I did not eat here… I called to reserve a spot for 8:30p on a Tuesday night. The woman who answered the phone informed me that they only had 2 other reservations for the night and the latest one that was booked at 7:15p. She rudely informed me that they closed early last night and would like to do so again and asked that I make an earlier reservation. Needless to say, I did not make the reservation and will not be visiting this restaurant. Just because it's a week day and not peak season does not mean you can turn customers away because you think 8:30 is too late.

9 Thank Jill D
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Great Dinner”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went here for dinner because we had heard great things. The food and service were excellent. My companion and I both had 2 of the specials - a fresh pasta and the Grouper - both as small plates - plenty of food for both of us. We shared a dessert - a berry tart - good but nothing spectacular. The menu doesn't seem that extensive but there were 2-3 specials that helped fill that in. I would definitely dine here again.

1 Thank Rob S
Temple Terrace, Florida
“Very good food.”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We ate here for the first time. It's a pretty restaurant and the service was great. I had the grilled cobia sandwich. I have never had better fish. Our drinks were good. We'll go back again and again.