“So Glad We Chose Traders Cafe”

Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts, we want to make you feel right at home! Our location has been regarded as one of Sanibel's best kept secrets! Indulge yourself with one of our fantastic meals, or browse around for a great gift for a loved one. We are proud to offer a variety of food, gifts and entertainment to the Sanibel area. We provide live entertainment every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Some of our best dishes include succulent seafood and steaks! After your meal, relax with some great cocktails, fine wine, or a delicious dessert! We'll be ready to greet you with a smiling face! Visit Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts today!
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We were looking for someplace to eat on our last night in Sanibel - so glad we chose Traders Café! Light and airy, comfortable. Pleasant staff - excellent service! Very good wine list - large beer selection. Seafood was delicious! You won't be disappointed....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Recently went here with my wife and eldest daughter after reading reviews on trip advisor prior to leaving home (UK), can only say great things about the whole experience, ribs fantastic, veal meat loaf to die for really moist, perfectly cooked veg (al denté), fabulous Pinot Noir and our wonderful friendly helpful Thai waitress, apologies my memory is not what it was so cannot remember her name. Highly recommend Traders and I hope to visit more than once when I'm next back in Florida..

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my family and I ordered ribs. The ribs were amazing. The music and atmosphere was nice and the dessert was amazing. I would definitely come back any day.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We booked for 1o people for dinner for my daughter's meet & greet the future in-laws. Had to call day of dinner and chang it to 12 people. They were very gracious and we had a great table. Our server Brooke was wonderful. Drinks were a nice size, appetizers were delicious. I had crab cakes with a roasted corn salsa and a crany horseradish sauce 0 I wanted to lick the plate. I had a veal special with shrimp and frsh veggies over angel hair pasta with a wonderful Madiera reductuion sauce, So much food people asked for boxes to tr-heat in their rooms later. Price came out to be about $50 per person including the 18% gratuity they add on.
Would absolutely go back, Casual dress but refined food!!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

After several average to good meals in Sanibel we decided to go to Traders on our last night. I was with my husband and best friends. I had ordered the macadamia encrusted grouper. It was very good. There was a side of basmati rice, mango salsa, vegetables and some Thai peanut sauce. I was enjoying the dish very much but noticed the center of the grouper was not cooked. Our waiter Chris was glad to send it back to the kitchen. After about 5-6 minutes we were wondering where the grouper had gone. Chris came back to clear a plate and didn't realize my plate had never been returned. He dashed off to the kitchen and returned a new piece of cooked grouper to me on a small bread plate. I thanked him and once I was able to process the fact that my entire dinner had not been returned to me we called him over. He was apologetic and said he would surely take that entree off the bill and he did. So in closing I will say I had enjoyed this restaurant and meal but it ended up being the Grouper that got away!,

3  Thank Liz H