“Fabulous! ”

Traders
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Traders Restaurant on Sanibel, we want to make you feel right at home! Our location has been regarded as one of Sanibel's best kept secrets! Indulge yourself with one of our fantastic meals, or browse around for a great gift for a loved one. We are proud to offer a variety of food, gifts and entertainment to the Sanibel area. We provide live entertainment every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Some of our best dishes include succulent seafood and steaks! After your meal, relax with some great cocktails, fine wine, or a delicious dessert! We'll be ready to greet you with a smiling face! Visit Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts today!
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Service, surroundings and meal were all fabulous. We were a party of 12 and they took care of our group! It's not cheap but well worth the price you pay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We asked some random people on the beach for a restaurant recommendation. She lived on Sanibel and said Traders is their favorite. She also told us about the happy hour menu served from 3-6 pm. For the happy hour menu we were seated in a special section by the kitchen. How much fun it was to watch all the food being walked past us. All the food looked beautiful on the plate and each one I saw, I wanted to change my order. We had the mussels recommended by the waitress. She said I would want to sop up all the sauce with the bread and that's what I did. It was the proper thing to do instead of licking the bowl. My hubby had the crab cakes and we shared our dishes. It was so good. The service was perfect, not annoying yet attentive. Each server had lots of personality. Each meal is served with freshly baked bread served hot with olive oil and herbs.

The next night we both agreed to go to Traders again since we loved everything about it. Never have we dined at the same restaurant two nights in a row. That says a lot right there. They remembered us from the night before and made us feel very welcomed. We had the mixed greens salad with blackened salmon and chicken Caesar salad. First was a bowl of flavorful gumbo. Everything was delicious and we plan on going again in two weeks when we visit Sanibel again.

Some other reviewers thought Traders was pricey. I thought they were quite reasonable. If cost is an issue then go during the happy hour menu. I don't think there was anything over $14 and there were many choices. I felt for $14 dollars or less I got quality gourmet food.

The adjoining gift shop was equally as enjoyable as the restaurant. They had a lot of interesting pieces.

2  Thank bongo1578
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I are frequent visitors to Sanibel and understand how competitive the restaurant business is on this island. The secret to success is a great menu, quality food/preparation and consistency. The restaurant has achieved all three and that is the reason it is consistently ranked in the top 5 restaurants on this island. I had the horseradish encrusted tuna and it was amazing! We had been to Traders Cafe in the past, but somehow forgot how truly great this restaurant is. We will be back!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We have been coming here for our Valentine's meal for 7 years. The staff is attentive, without being up in your face. The atmosphere is fun and the place is big and open, but you can still carry on an intimate conversation at the table. We have always enjoyed our dishes here and I absolutely love the salad with the portabello! Delicious! I wish I was there eating the ribs and salad right now! I should point out, I don't eat seafood...ever. Traders has plenty of options for me outside of seafood. My boyfriend and dad rave about the lobster raviolis. I hear they're too die for!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food we had was excellent. The service was very good. Love the look of the place and lots of good food and wine to choose from.

1  Thank hikerap