“Hidden Gem”

Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts, we want to make you feel right at home! Our location has been regarded as one of Sanibel's best kept secrets! Indulge yourself with one of our fantastic meals, or browse around for a great gift for a loved one. We are proud to offer a variety of food, gifts and entertainment to the Sanibel area. We provide live entertainment every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Some of our best dishes include succulent seafood and steaks! After your meal, relax with some great cocktails, fine wine, or a delicious dessert! We'll be ready to greet you with a smiling face! Visit Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts today!
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Pleasantly surprised! Had lunch before checking in to our resort. Did not remember it from past Sanibel visits. It's easy to miss in passing as it is set back from the road and their sign isn't very large. Definitely will go back next time on Sanibel Island. Food & service was excellent. Not a whole lot of atmosphere due to its size but it is an interesting design.

1  Thank VeniceJoe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've never eaten a meal over $100. that was with the money so this was a first. Our family ordered too much food but it was fresh and well prepared and worth every penny. Nothing greasy, fried or heavy. Like I said, best food I've had in a long time and certainly the best in the island.

2  Thank Blakegirl42
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our friend had this on the list of "must eat at" restaurants and he was right! The first night (Thursday) we ordered 4 items from the appetizer menu and the tomato salad to share so we could sample all the seafood items. Everything was incredible and it is hard to pick a favorite. The portions are very generous and perfectly prepared. The staff is very funny, witty and attentive. There was a singer, who I guess is pretty well know on Sanibel (Danny Morgan Band) because people kept coming up and taking his picture.

On Saturday we ate there again. Obviously July is not the high season so we were seated right away. We had a Lobster, crab and shrimp dish that we split along with the Tomato salad again. Even splitting the dishes it was more than enough food. My goal was to have enough room for dessert, so we also had the creme brûlée. Again everything was delicious and the service was great!

We went without kids, but I saw a couple things on the menu that my kids would eat (pasta, salad, chicken). I did not see if there was actually a kids menu, but as long as your kids could eat items other than chicken nuggets they'd probably be ok. The food came fast, the bread was yummy and the tables were covered in paper and could be colored on.

Put this on your list of Must Eats for Sanibel!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner here. I have a gluten allergy and the restaurant was able to modify many of the menu items for me!! I disagree with previous reviewers about this restaurant not being kid friendly. I actually found the restaurant to be very child friendly and had 5-6 options for kids to choose from. They also had crayons and a paper menu to draw on. The food was fast and delicious. Our waitress was very attentive! I highly recommend trying this restaurant while on sanibel island !

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We asked for a late sitting at a quiet table and we had a lovely small table near the window away from the bar. Our server Farah was great. My friend said the Ahi appetizer was one of the best he ever had. The meal was nice and they boxed up some key lime pie to go as were were full from the very generous portions.