“Sanibel visit”

Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts, we want to make you feel right at home! Our location has been regarded as one of Sanibel's best kept secrets! Indulge yourself with one of our fantastic meals, or browse around for a great gift for a loved one. We are proud to offer a variety of food, gifts and entertainment to the Sanibel area. We provide live entertainment every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Some of our best dishes include succulent seafood and steaks! After your meal, relax with some great cocktails, fine wine, or a delicious dessert! We'll be ready to greet you with a smiling face! Visit Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts today!
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Good , nice atmosphere, great service, appetizers were very good but the best was the sea bass ! Thought the grouper sounded great but needed more sauce , it didn't have enough kick.

996 - 1,000 of 1,669 reviews

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Traders came highly recommended by locals. We arrived, just on the Island, without reservations. They graciously worked us in, even though they were quite busy. I ordered a lobster, shrimp and crab on angel hair dish, which was amazing. It was very competitive with the best seafood dishes in Houston, where these dishes can be excellent. It was a very rich, sizable portion, so in a rare moment of wisdom, I decided to exercise portion control and save half for another day. Impulsively though, I ordered Mike's Key Lime Pie and was rewarded by far the best I have ever tasted. The very enjoyable evening crashed when I discovered that by chatting with the buslady, I had failed to be absolutely clear I intended the take home my remaining entree. She had inadvertently tossed my remaining dish, including a whole lobster.
I was annoyed at myself, as my good intentions regarding my health had prevented me from savoring the rest of a delicious and somewhat dear dinner. The buslady and waitress were far more upset, being very professional and attentive staff. Kyle, the manager and Mike, the chief discovered the error and spontaneously made amends with a replacement dinner for me to take home. I was initially very surprised and pleased, but then shocked that they had instead of replacing half the meal, they insisted on another whole meal ($32!). How do describe service like that? My wife and I arrived as hungry strangers and left as very full friends. Very memorable evening, would recommend highly and will return ourselves when we can.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Three of us dined at Trader's on a Thursday in March - high season in Sanibel. The restaurant was packed and they had live music. It was a fun, loud atmosphere. We were a couple of minutes late due to an art festival snarling traffic down the street. (I find it always takes longer than planned to get around Sanibel) The hostess sent us to the bar for about 15 minutes before calling us for our table. Since we had drinks upon arriving at the table we were not ready to order dinner wine. So we ordered salads and three entrees, two of which were specials. When the salads came we ordered our bottle of wine for dinner. After finishing the salads they IMMEDIATELY brought the entrees. Our wine had not even been delivered. My advice for dining at Trader's would be to order off the specials menu - that food was far superior to the standard menu items. Also, I would pace your orders so that you won't be rushed through your meal. ie: wait until you are done with your salads before ordering your entree. On the whole it was an enjoyable night.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The service and the food at Traders are both very good...and while the prices for some of the menu items are somewhat dear, it is worth it. Among our group of four, we had entrees of scallops, grouper and sea bass, and a meal of the clam chowder soup, the appetizer crab cakes and a salad - which the waitress graciously served simultaneously with the entrees. Everything was tasty, hot and attractive.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have been going to Trader's for over a decade with often impeccable food and service. Tonight, we were truly disappointed on several levels. A $32 sea bass entrée was burnt, dry and tasteless. It was bewildering given how the quality has been in the past. We feel the quality has been deteriorating over time, and it is not like the cuisine is cheap here.
The thing that disturbed me the most, however, was the valet parking forced upon us. This is a new thing at Trader's. Not given a choice, we found the valet parking absolutely ludicrous when you see how navigable and walkable the parking lot is. We are not stingy tippers, but it rankled to pay a valet what we would normally pay...when he literally walked a car's length to retrieve our car. I don't like being taken for a fool, and I certainly was tonight.
I will be thinking twice before I return. I was really upset by the whole experience. My money matters, and I wasted it tonight.

1  Thank moresanibel