“Great food AND great service!”

Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts, we want to make you feel right at home! Our location has been regarded as one of Sanibel's best kept secrets! Indulge yourself with one of our fantastic meals, or browse around for a great gift for a loved one. We are proud to offer a variety of food, gifts and entertainment to the Sanibel area. We provide live entertainment every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Some of our best dishes include succulent seafood and steaks! After your meal, relax with some great cocktails, fine wine, or a delicious dessert! We'll be ready to greet you with a smiling face! Visit Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts today!
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were looking for a place with character that served good food. What we found was character, GREAT food, and GREAT service.

We had just arrived to the island and went to trip advisor for a good place to have dinner. Traders Cafe looked right to us and wow we were not disappointed. It started with the hostess getting us in without a reservation (something we later learned is almost required for the island this time of year). Our server did an excellent job with being there when we wanted and didn't bug us all the time by asking if "we are alright". She had great instinct on timing. We had the stuffed portabella mushroom appetizer and it was fabulous. Our server told us it was her favorite thing on the menu. Next for the main course, my wife had a cup of the gumbo and a mozzarella salad. The gumbo was great the salad just average. I had a hard time deciding between the sea bass and snapper specials. I chose the snapper and it was delightful!

Prices were quite reasonable for the area. We will be going back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Staff worked with us to accommodate a large party on a very busy night on short notice. My scallops were the best I have had in a long time. Service was great, presentation was good and most importantly the food was hot. Enjoyed every mouthful. I will return.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were on vacation to enjoy as much seafood as possible and we weren't disappointed at Traders. The plate was beautifully presented and well seasoned. Even though the servings weren't "huge", they were plenty big that we were all full and didn't need dessert.

Also, we sat in the area by the pianist on a Sunday evening, and he was fantastic! I would go again just to hear him play.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Impeccable service and delicious food at a fair price. What more can you say, except: I recommend Traders Cafe. The attached gift shop has fun and unique items.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was starting to think all the restaurants on Sanibel were overpriced, and then I tried this spot for a quick lunch. The curry soup was so yummy I considered ordering a second bowl. The rest of the lunch was good but not fantastic. I was glad I came. Th building is very large but they are healthily busy. I'll be back here again torrorrow.