“Charming, friendly, casual, tasty.”
Review of Traders

Traders
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Traders Restaurant on Sanibel, we want to make you feel right at home! Our location has been regarded as one of Sanibel's best kept secrets! Indulge yourself with one of our fantastic meals, or browse around for a great gift for a loved one. We are proud to offer a variety of food, gifts and entertainment to the Sanibel area. We provide live entertainment every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Some of our best dishes include succulent seafood and steaks! After your meal, relax with some great cocktails, fine wine, or a delicious dessert! We'll be ready to greet you with a smiling face! Visit Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts today!
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My family went for an early dinner (530) and it was already busy! Valet out front shoul have told us this was more upscale than we'd expected. Two grandparents, my wife, me and our 14 m.o. son were welcomed and made to feel comfortable. Service was friendly and prompt, food came out nicely plated and hot. Prices were high, as noted in some other reviews. As such, in the future I'll not bring a toddler here so as to enjoy my meal more fully. Otherwise, for a white table cloth and napkin restaurant on Sanible, this was very nice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had the meat loaf and garlic mashers, delish! Gal on my left macadamia crusted grouper, she loved it. Tilapia on angel hair was a winner. Two had apps for dinner, crab cakes and salad were grt, and another the tuna app and mozzarella/tomatoe salad. We had a ball....all were pleased with their meal. Trader's never disappoints.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great place, lively atmosphere and a fine place to take kids. A little on the noisy side though. The food was excellent, best meal I have had in awhile - I had fish, it was well prepared and delicious. Husband had the seafood pasta which was also top notch. Make a reservation, this place is busy for a reason!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Over inflated prices and portions are very small. Was not impressed - a lot better food on the island from my experience. My husband and I ate our last dinner on the island there Sunday night & both of us were disappointed, sadly. We had heard everyone raving about it but I just didn't walk away feeling like there was anything to rave about. The atmosphere is very nice though.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We reviewed this restaurant enthusiastically over a year ago and in the past year we have been there about a dozen times. We go for lunch, happy hour or dinner. Even for drinks with friends. There has not been a single time when we were let down by the wait staff or the kitchen. Obviously the locals feel the same. There is hardly a time when we visit that we don't meet friends in the dining room. Most of us think of Traders as our club house.