“Get there early!”

Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts, we want to make you feel right at home! Our location has been regarded as one of Sanibel's best kept secrets! Indulge yourself with one of our fantastic meals, or browse around for a great gift for a loved one. We are proud to offer a variety of food, gifts and entertainment to the Sanibel area. We provide live entertainment every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Some of our best dishes include succulent seafood and steaks! After your meal, relax with some great cocktails, fine wine, or a delicious dessert! We'll be ready to greet you with a smiling face! Visit Traders Gulf Coast Grill and Gifts today!
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I got there for the early bird menu. The food was very reasonable (much cheaper than the regular menu). The food was delicious and service was great. One of the best pastas meals that I have had in a long time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stopped by on a Thursday after being unable to get in on a crazy Wednesday. Celia was a wonderful bartender/ waitress-frindly, attentive, and willing to give good tips on the menu and the local scene. The well drinks were two for one. The warm rye bred with EVOO and spices kept us busy until the food arrived. We had half salads for $6. The ingredients were fresh and delicious with a nice presentation. The spinach salad had wonderful grilled portobello mushrooms, pine nuts, Gorgonzola cheese and pancetta dressing! Wonderful! The Caprese salad had tasty mozzarella with red and yellow (delicious) tomatoes, red onions, Kalamata olives and a lovely Balsamic dressing. I ordered the roasted oysters ($12) 3 of each-both very nice but the Florentine style was a standout. The lobster ravioli was divine with a wonderful pomodoro sauce. We had a chocolate brownie dessert with whipped cream, ice ream, and sauce that was scrumptious.

Happy hour runs on 3-6 PM.

Danny Morgan provided nice live music starting at 7.

You can find less expensive food on the Island at happy hour, BUT not this quality. Traders will be on our go to list.

1  Thank BillP1123
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking forward to meeting old friends at one of my favorite restaurants and couldn't believe I was at Traders. Two of us had problems with our meals. One was served the wrong quiche, probably hoping my friend wouldn't know the difference. I ordered a grouper sandwich and everyone was almost finished with their food by the time mine arrived, including my friend who got a different quiche. We joked that they had to go out and catch my fish to serve it. When it finally arrived, it looked like the end piece from an old piece of fish. The server told me it came with pasta!! I told her I don't eat pasta andI would prefer chips. She said they didn't have any and brought me the pasta anyway which I did not eat. When I complained about the service, the tiny piece of fish and serving pasta with a sandwich, she blamed it on the " new" cook in the kitchen.
Couldn't believe what was happening in what used to be a favorite restaurant of mine. I guess those unseen cooks in the kitchen DO make a big difference. They need to get their act together. The season is starting!

1  Thank Lotus1937
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Pricey but worth it. Food was excellent. I had tilapia over angel hair and my plate was cleaned. Husband had seafood mix over linguini. He loved it! Kid friendly. We had to make reservations though. Would definitely go back next time!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We loved this place so much we ate here twice. It's a beautiful atrmosphere, and the food was just delicious!

1  Thank cmfairygodmother