“Just what I wanted”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Blue Dolphin Cottages
boca raton, FL
“Just what I wanted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2007

It was just what I wanted. I loved it! The beach was right there! - just a couple steps away. It was heaven on that relatively quiet stretch of beach, away from the more touristy areas on Sanibel, having grabbed a comfortable lounge chair and huge beach umbrella (both complimentary) and opened a good book. There are bikes to use, as well, and a washer and dryer on site if you need those. There's no pool, but I would rather swim in that bigger pool they call the ocean anyway. The room was, by the looks of it, recently remodeled -- very clean, very cute, well furnished, and equipped with a small frig and microwave. The grounds are lovely, lush, private. A continential breakfast (again, complimentary) is served in the office -- coffee, fruit, and muffins and granola bars. Office manager was very hospitable and personable. It's not a luxurious property - rather "old-Florida" and "cottagie", -- quaint and comfortable. I recommend the Blue Dolphin and would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2007
7 Thank ncorne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2007

What a beautiful, tropical, natural, and clean place to stay! You couldn't get any closer to the beach! I booked this long-weekend vacation at the last minute, getting the name of the cottages from the local Chamber of Commerce. How lucky was I?? We have been to Sanibel several times in the past and stayed in condos, but this jewel of a old-Florida-type accommodation was just perfect. You wind your way through tropical foliage to your room, with little tables and umbrellas set up throughout the trail. Our room was a small efficiency, but so incredibly clean and just what we needed! You walk right out the door of your room to the beach which is probably less than 50 yards away. Blue Dolphin provides beach chairs, umbrellas and bikes, which was perfect since we flew to Sanibel instead of driving, and so were unable to bring our own beach equipment. I just can't say enough about this place! This is where we will stay every single time we go back to Sanibel, and this is for sure!

• Liked — proximity to the beach, beach supplies provided for you
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank tell-it-all-girl
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2006

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of chosing the Blue Dolphin Cottages for our stay on Sanibel Island. I was a little nervous to lock in the reservation without having found much background info on the place but went with my gut. It was a good choice!
The grounds are beautiful and you can't get closer to the water. We stayed in a Deluxe Efficiencey. It was spotless and perfect for the two of us. All utensils were there. It was like our own little bungalow.
The staff was so friendly and considerate. Very genuine, which you don't find too often.
The only gripe I had was with Mother Nature! For those of you considering a visit to Sanibel in September - ** CAUTION** Red Tide can surface around this time, which makes for an unpleasant beach experience. Do your research on it. It kept us off of the beach for 3 out of 5 days!
My advice for the staff would be to create a more informational website. Trust me when I say, it does not do this place justice.
The Blue Dolphin is wonderful and I suggest it to anyone!
PS> There is no pool on the grounds but who needs that when the ocean is at your feet? (and red tide isn't lurking!)

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Red Tide Research and plenty of Insect Repellant!!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
17 Thank JuKohler