It was just what I wanted. I loved it! The beach was right there! - just a couple steps away. It was heaven on that relatively quiet stretch of beach, away from the more touristy areas on Sanibel, having grabbed a comfortable lounge chair and huge beach umbrella (both complimentary) and opened a good book. There are bikes to use, as well, and a washer and dryer on site if you need those. There's no pool, but I would rather swim in that bigger pool they call the ocean anyway. The room was, by the looks of it, recently remodeled -- very clean, very cute, well furnished, and equipped with a small frig and microwave. The grounds are lovely, lush, private. A continential breakfast (again, complimentary) is served in the office -- coffee, fruit, and muffins and granola bars. Office manager was very hospitable and personable. It's not a luxurious property - rather "old-Florida" and "cottagie", -- quaint and comfortable. I recommend the Blue Dolphin and would stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island