My wife and I stayed in a Deluxe Efficiency January 23-31. The accomodations were spotlessly clean and very well appointed. Morning breakfast was everything you needed except for juice, which we bought at the grocery store and kept in our refrigerator. The beach is right out your front door and offers great shelling. Beach chairs and umbrellas are available to take down to the beach. Parking is ample and nearby. Most of the renters are repeat customers who come every year. They are very friendly and invite you to get together for a glass of wine to watch the sun go down each evening. While on the island, we ate at Il Cielo (fabulous),The Mad Hatter (Excellent), Sweet Melissa's (Very Good), Doc Ford's (Good), and Cip's (OK). For nature lovers, the island has Ding Darling NWR, CROW, and SCCF - all worth visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island