My husband and I stayed at the Blue Dolphin cottages in November, 2012. We LOVED it here. We could only stay one night and hated to leave, we are planning to come again next year. It's so beautiful, tucked into a quiet residental neighborhood. Beautiful palms and landscaping on the white sand pathway to our room, which was #8. Nice front porch with chairs to relax in. The beach is just beautiful and not crowded, they are so hospitable. When we checked in there was coffee and candy in the lobby and they were getting ready to put out iced tea and cookies. In the morning they have coffee and muffins on one of the tables in the pathway, which was so nice. They also offer the free use of their bikes to ride as well as towels for the beach and nice lounge chairs. Our room was comfortable and plenty big. We could easily stay for a week, since there is a kitchen with everything you could need and a little table and chairs. My first time to Sanibel, we found great shells on the beach and enjoyed collecting them. We are so glad we found this place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island