While not the responsibility of the management of the Blue Dolphin cottages, the Sanibel area has a problem with “noseeums” flea/mosquitos. Please do your own research and Google noseeums or sanibel noseeums. When we checked in we mentioned that this was our first time in Sanibel. Nothing was mentioned about the noseeums. No warning about what happens at dusk, on their property, with these creatures.
The day after my two night visit I developed welts with terrible 24 hour itches over most of my body with a visit to a Dermatologist necessary. It is a week later and I am still suffering. They don’t attack everyone; my wife was left completely alone. Here is what is amazing: I called the cottages and started to tell about my problem. The woman in the office interrupted me and said she knew it was the noseeums and how bad they are and what I should have done to prevent them. Yet the management doesn’t seem to think it’s important enough to give their guests any warning about the problem. If you go to these cottages be warned to prevent this terrible situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly refreshing vacation awaits you at the Blue Dolphin Cottages. We are a family owned, intimate and charming motel situated directly on a tranquil, white sandy beach on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. The Blue Dolphin Cottages offers a selection of accommodations in its 10 units, either bright and airy efficiencies or spacious one bedroom suites, all with completely equipped kitchens, phones and cable television. Each unit has a comfortable sun deck surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. With our compliments, you will enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphin Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Sanibel Island
- Blue Dolphin Hotel Sanibel Island