Located on a non-public access beach, with excellent service from the new managers, Ray and Susan. These are located 'beach front' but are a generous walk to the beach if you are carrying gear. There are other properties on West Gulf Drive that are beach front and steps away from the beach; depends on whether you want distance or seclusion, as offered by this property. The cottages, located across the street, and not on the beach are a much better value for the money. One of the few places on the island that will let you bring big dogs. Note if you haven't been to Sanibel: all dogs must be on leash at all times per local regulation. The property is close to Bohman's Beach, away from the commercial end of Sanibel. Recommended based on property seclusion and management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience Sanibel with the charm of Old Style Florida! Located on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, on the west end of the island, Tropical Winds is tucked away in a very secluded, private setting within a small residential neighborhood. Enjoy one of our beachfront or nearby cottages in our own tropical paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Winds Motel And Cottages
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tropical Winds Hotel